The Scenic Route

DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

We've all taken them. This one is a little different. A new video series showcasing sites that may be familiar, or even unfamiliar in the Peoria area and beyond.

The 1st edition is in Marquette Heights, a place I've called home for 30 years. Lots of wide open spaces, woods and miles of challenging trails for walkers and bicyclists. I heard there was even a small water fall in these woods. Take a look to see if I found it. Sit back, relax, enjoy the views and the music.

CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Good job. Looking forward to seeing others. Thanks.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
RambleOn
Reactions:

Trails look inviting! Will have to go on the hunt for that waterfall.
Above all, be kind!
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

RambleOn wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:05 pm Trails look inviting! Will have to go on the hunt for that waterfall.
Have a backpack, water and snacks. Lots of ridges to walk up, tree limbs to climb over, narrow creek to cross. My pedometer app on phone showed about 2.6 mile walk between the trail, and getting off the trail to get to the waterfall.

Someone on FB told me about a nylon rope tied to a tree with a loop, so you can lower yourself down closer to the creek bed. I thought about it, decided not to. That's why the waterfall video is shot through leaves and trees. There's a guy that does a lot of walking (and running!) these trails through a concept he calls "Adventurecizin".