Fall School

born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:40 pm I think you mean "It's nice to hear from people who agree with me all the time"
Lovely Rita, in my case I am posting based on actual experience with Special Ed for many years, being the parent of a Special Ed student. In addition, my mom drove a school bus for a local school district for 31 years. The students she carried on her bus for all those years included my son when he was in school *and* other Special Ed students every single year. So, I am very, very familiar with how in-person Special Education schoolroom and socialization/interaction impacts those type of students. Please do not patronize me regarding this subject, especially because of my life experience in this realm.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
LovelyRita
Reactions:

I'm not being patronizing, ma'am. I taught special education for 30 years. I know what I'm talking about. My PEL is a cross categorical license. I worked at Schramm.I've also never met a Deaf or Hard of Hearing student who could read lips through fabric, either.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita
Reactions:

Cool! You should donate a box to 150 and TMCSEA.
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:37 pm
born2race2win1954! wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:59 pm My oldest son was the very first Special Ed student via SEAPCO. He is in his 40’s now and always wears a mask. I do not believe that Special Ed students would have any problem wearing masks. They have always tended to be among the most compliant students regarding any school rules from my experience and from what teachers have stated.
thank you for posting this. It's nice to hear first hand experience from someone rather than just endless contradictions to every single thing anyone posts. I trust your experience over the hyperbole of the hater.
Thank you. I also didn’t add that I grew up with a brother that is autistic in addition to having an autistic son. She and I have very different life experiences. However, I do think there needs to be some type of daily limit as to how many daily posts one user on this forum can post. I used to manage an online system and that was mandated for security reasons.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Why?
LovelyRita
Reactions:

born2race2win1954! wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:35 pm
AV8R wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:37 pm
born2race2win1954! wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:59 pm My oldest son was the very first Special Ed student via SEAPCO. He is in his 40’s now and always wears a mask. I do not believe that Special Ed students would have any problem wearing masks. They have always tended to be among the most compliant students regarding any school rules from my experience and from what teachers have stated.
thank you for posting this. It's nice to hear first hand experience from someone rather than just endless contradictions to every single thing anyone posts. I trust your experience over the hyperbole of the hater.
Thank you. I also didn’t add that I grew up with a brother that is autistic in addition to having an autistic son. She and I have very different life experiences. However, I do think there needs to be some type of daily limit as to how many daily posts one user on this forum can post. I used to manage an online system and that was mandated for security reasons.
I appreciate the challenges of raising a child with special needs. It isn't really a competition. As a teacher I had to look out for all the students with whom I worked as well as the paraprofessionals they often had as one-on-one aids and such. That is not an environment where these measures are even practical. Many of my former students can't toilet them. They weren't able to feed themselves. They used assistive technology. Putting those students in a classroom and thinking they'll wear masks is just naive. Those students are often medically fragile and immune compromised. Putting a mask in them would be cruel and probably violate their IEP. That would not be an appropriate education for those students.
JustRight
Reactions:

@born2race2win1954! said:
“However, I do think there needs to be some type of daily limit as to how many daily posts one user on this forum can post. I used to manage an online system and that was mandated for security reasons.”

I agree that posts ought to be limited, somewhat. One person on this forum has made nearly 25% of all posts since the day she joined. Anyone looking to join WeArePeoria is going to recognize that as a troll on the loose. And, considering she’s insulted every other member who replies to her, why would anyone choose to join? PDC certainly had its problems, but Joe usually dumped trolls. I remember one in particular...she posted constantly, and was vulgar and insulting to several of the other members. Joe finally silenced her. I think she went by the username Rixblix...anyone else remember her?
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Why do you have to hijack every thread?
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Wow, a Conservative wanting to limit the 1st Amendment for someone expressing their opinions, no matter what the opinions say or criticize? That's got to be a 1st.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?