Covid hospitalizations

AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

it's really not that difficult to understand. Many people are now fully vaccinated and although they may get Covid, it could in all likelihood be very minor symptoms or absolutely NO symptoms at all, or so science tells us.

If we accept that science, which again we've been told we should, then it's reasonable to NOT count as a Covid hospitalization a 100% asymptomatic person who is admitted to the hospital for a motorcycle accident or something along those lines as a "Covid hospitalization." In this example, if the person had not been in the motorcycle accident and taken to the hospital, he would have never even known he had Covid.

I believe that is what @Tazewell is getting at, although I don't want to speak for him because someone gets all wound up about that...and it's not Tazewell.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:19 am
Tazewell wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:35 am
RPlant wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:18 am

Oh I get it. Same old rant, except it is now with how admissions are being recorded rather than deaths. In about 30 seconds you and @cjsummers will be back at the claim there were only 60,000 deaths from Covid instead of 600,000.
Not ranting, just correcting your disinformation.
So an admitted patient who tests positive for Covid isn't supposed to isolated in the Covid ward to make the numbers look better for who?
Isolating someone because they test positive is not the same as REPORTING them as a covid hospitalization.
Tazewell
Reactions:

This is one of the main differences between true Conservatives and Libertarians vs. the Leftists and Democrats of today. We don't take data at face value. We want to know the why behind the data just as importantly as seeing the data itself. People like @CCubs would rather be ignorant and believe everything they are told. This makes their lives easier as they don't have to think as much.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

I am not ignorant. I want the truth as much or more than anyone. The fact that you and many others want to downplay or deny that COVID is a huge problem is just downright baffling to me. We haven't made anywhere near the progress that we should have by now against stopping COVID.
The fact that 95% of people being hospitalized for COVID are unvaccinated, and yet so many people continue to not be vaccinated is insane.
I would personally like to see a vaccine mandate. Except of course those that for medical reasons cannot. No entry into large gatherings without proof.
(i.e. Concerts, sporting events, shopping, restaurants, etc. etc.) Hefty fines for fraudulent practices.
I am sure I will be attacked by some for this post, but it is just my personal opinion.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

I’d like to see the vaccines get FDA approval before we even begin discussing a mandate with fines for non-compliance. That’s part off the “I don’t want all the facts” mentality that Tazewell mentioned and you denied having.
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:01 am This is one of the main differences between true Conservatives and Libertarians vs. the Leftists and Democrats of today. We don't take data at face value. We want to know the why behind the data just as importantly as seeing the data itself. People like @CCubs would rather be ignorant and believe everything they are told. This makes their lives easier as they don't have to think as much.
There isn't even a fine line between questioning data and being an outright obstructionist. The very definition of Libertarianism seeks to to destroy government. I think we've pretty much heard and seen demonstrated all of the destruction of our public health we care to for another 100 years.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:24 pm There isn't even a fine line between questioning data and being an outright obstructionist.
Are you saying we shouldn't question the data that is presented to us, especially when it has so many political and social repercussions?
RPlant wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:24 pm The very definition of Libertarianism seeks to to destroy government.
That's anarchism you are thinking of. That is politics 101.
RPlant wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:24 pm I think we've pretty much heard and seen demonstrated all of the destruction of our public health we care to for another 100 years.
You call it destruction. I call it necessary oversight.
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:16 pm
RPlant wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:24 pm There isn't even a fine line between questioning data and being an outright obstructionist.
Are you saying we shouldn't question the data that is presented to us, especially when it has so many political and social repercussions?
RPlant wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:24 pm The very definition of Libertarianism seeks to to destroy government.
That's anarchism you are thinking of. That is politics 101.
RPlant wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:24 pm I think we've pretty much heard and seen demonstrated all of the destruction of our public health we care to for another 100 years.
You call it destruction. I call it necessary oversight.
The sky is blue?
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:09 am The sky is blue?
Should we question data? Is Libertarianism the same as Anarchism? Should we not engage in government oversight?