Good Economic News

Gandalf
Reactions:

A US Citizen wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:49 pm Good grief is right, no freakin clue what that's all about. I just stumbled onto this site a few days ago. I gotta share this with my significant other for the laugh of the day.

And what's with all this tracker stuff? Is this Tazewell one of the moderators?

Focus, People of WAP, focus on the Amazon story here, will you?
😄
@Tazewell @AV8R Stop beating a dead horse. WAPJoe
RPlant
Reactions:

A US Citizen wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:49 pm And what's with all this tracker stuff? Is this Tazewell one of the moderators?
He thinks he is. :lol:

You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

A US Citizen wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:49 pm Good grief is right, no freakin clue what that's all about. I just stumbled onto this site a few days ago. I gotta share this with my significant other for the laugh of the day.

You seem very defensive. Why is that?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Maybe because he feels intimidated, harassed, scrutinized, under pressure, interrogated.......
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
Tazewell
Reactions:

CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Is that you on your horse searching for your buddy?
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
WAPJoe
Reactions:

Gandalf wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:27 pm
WAPJoe wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:32 am Welcome to We Are Peoria forum @A US Citizen . Yes, the Amazon site is great news for the economy, hopefully they build appropriate infrastructure around it for all the increased ground traffic it will undoubtedly bring to the roads around Pekin.

I apologize for some of our members, they can be childish at times. The site owner has chosen to allow unmoderated commentary (see further comments below) in the political category, which includes Local Area Politics and State and National Politics as an alternative to another local forum which heavily moderates it's users to the point of suppressing political discourse. Politics seems to bring out the worst in people today though, and the anonymity of the internet makes it worse. I suggest if you find it too much to either ignore the individual posters that bother you, or just collapse the Local and National Politics group so it doesn't populate your screen.

From time to time these posters do make valuable contributions in the other categories though so just know if you ignore them you will miss those comments as well. The other areas of the site ARE moderated as I find time, so if you see content that you feel is inappropriate or violates the forum rules, please flag it and I will eventually see it. I confess I don't have time to check the board multiple times daily, some days I don't have time to check at all. But I do look at every post that is flagged.

Again, welcome to the site and PLEASE REFER FRIENDS. We could use some new ideas and comments on here.

WAPJoe

PS the little thumbs up/down, heart face, etc emoji's do work. Ignore the AJAX warning. Your chosen reaction will appear on the comment as it always has. If you want to be sure, just refresh your screen and you should see it there. Not sure why this happens, I'm not the brains behind the site that is someone else.
Just curious - you say that you don't moderate political
so why do you delete postings. Someone on here complains of a post not being on topic and you delete it but their "buddy" does the same thing and it is not deleted. Please explain.
without an example I can only answer in generic terms. The original post in this thread mentioned childish comments, and those are not very often moderated out of the political forums. If someone flags a post that violates other forum rules then it may get moderated. I also said I don't read all the posts, but do read all the flagged posts. Did you flag the post this "buddy" made? I don't rremember seeing any flags from you lately.

Hope that helps.
A US Citizen
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:52 pm Maybe because he feels intimidated, harassed, scrutinized, under pressure, interrogated.......
What makes you think I am a 'he'?
A US Citizen
Reactions:

@WAPJoe
"without an example I can only answer in generic terms. The original post in this thread mentioned childish comments, and those are not very often moderated out of the political forums. If someone flags a post that violates other forum rules then it may get moderated. I also said I don't read all the posts, but do read all the flagged posts. Did you flag the post this "buddy" made? I don't rremember seeing any flags from you lately.

Hope that helps.

So is it better if I decide to use that 'thumbs down' image thingy on a post I consider childish and not worthy on the topic, or is it better that I flag it?
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:30 pm

You seem very defensive. Why is that?
Why stop there @Tazewell? Why not "research" and challenge the US Citizen's citizenship claim while you're at it?

You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile