New Chief of Police!

Tazewell
Reactions:

Toldyouso wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:50 pm Someone commented that those from the PPD who were being considered for the job chose retirement instead.
If true, I wonder if it has anything to do with the new mayor.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

As far as I know, the Chief of Police reports directly to the City Manager, not the Mayor.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinMH wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:37 am As far as I know, the Chief of Police reports directly to the City Manager, not the Mayor.
And the city manager reports to the mayor and the council.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Let's see what happens, the new chief doesn't start until August 2nd.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
RambleOn
Reactions:

Sometimes a new style and new ideas are important. Broad experience in different areas of the department matter. Breaking up the "good, ole boy network" matters.
Above all, be kind!
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

RambleOn wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:47 am Sometimes a new style and new ideas are important. Broad experience in different areas of the department matter. Breaking up the "good, ole boy network" matters.
Exactly how I wound up in Peoria
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

He will be sworn in on Friday, July 30 at 1 pm. Due to space limitations, the public is encouraged to view it Livestreamed on the City's YouTube channel. Here is the COP release:

http://www.peoriagov.org/police-chief-e ... 30-at-1pm/
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Good Luck to the new Peoria Chief of Police. Welcome to Peoria.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.