AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:48 pm
AV8R wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:19 pm That idea won’t work
So what is your plan Mr. Negative?
Change the mindset that leads to this. You want to ban something, let’s start with video games, violent Hollywood movies and rap music. Tazewell is right it’s the culture of violence. Guns don’t make people violent. They are merely the tools violent people choose.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

I would agree that there should be less violence in movies and video games. Music too, for that matter. But I doubt that will change now that it has been around for so many years. Something needs to change, AND FAST. The disregard for human life is just absolutely sickening. 99.99* percent of humans are good upstanding people that contribute to a good life. It is that other small percentage that causes so much grief and troubles for everyone else.

( those percentages are most likely not accurate )*
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

You doubt movies and video games will change because they’ve been around too long, but think banning something that has literally been around for CENTURIES will work?

I’m missing the logic
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

You always do.

Try taking something away from someone that has had that said something for a long period of time.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:51 am You always do.

Try taking something away from someone that has had that said something for a long period of time.
Like guns?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Yep.......see.......I knew you could figure it out.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

“At this point, we need to start back at square one. GUN CONTROL!!! Make it much, much harder to get guns. Less guns = Less crimes.”

CCubs 6/16/21

You can’t take away video games or violent movies, they’ve been around too long.

Also CCubs 6/17/21
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

I didn't say that you couldn't take them away......I said it would be hard to do.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:51 am “At this point, we need to start back at square one. GUN CONTROL!!! Make it much, much harder to get guns. Less guns = Less crimes.”

CCubs 6/16/21

You can’t take away video games or violent movies, they’ve been around too long.

Also CCubs 6/17/21

Would you please be kind enough to remove this LIE?
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:39 am
CCubs wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:48 pm
AV8R wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:19 pm That idea won’t work
So what is your plan Mr. Negative?
Change the mindset that leads to this. You want to ban something, let’s start with video games, violent Hollywood movies and rap music. Tazewell is right it’s the culture of violence. Guns don’t make people violent. They are merely the tools violent people choose.
Again, I have to agree on some of this. Video games that promote shooting or blowing up things. Not much you can do about Hollywood movies. Now, I enjoy a PC games called Deadlock: Planetary Conquest, that involves planetary wars among humans and other aliens. But it is not very graphic, and has certainly not influenced me in any way. Kind of like the original Sim City.

Now, rap music started out with mostly positive messages. But then the rise of 'gangsta rap' has unfortunately influenced many to disrespect women, police, and community.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?