Fall School

AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

“It is a practice of ignorance to accuse every person who raises an issue, of 'conspiracy spinning'. This is a sure-fire way to identify yourself as a club idiot. The world functions on 'spotting anomalies'... get out of your parents' basement and experience it.” Author unknown.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Thanks for the feedback.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Back To School: Teachers Are Ready To Quit Rather Than Put Their Lives At Risk
“Most parents have no idea how bad this is going to be.”

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ca ... heir-lives
LovelyRita
Reactions:

New Research Shows Teacher Shortage Growing Amid Pandemic

Just over half of 250,000 daily teacher absences were filled prior to pandemic; gap expected to grow when schools reopen

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... demic.html
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:19 am Houstonemergency.org/COVID-19

One of many sources. I don’t blindly trust the media I research and draw conclusions. I read other people’s conclusions and data, checking sources. Here is one source who’s data suggests that Houston has reported 71 deaths in July, however only 7 of those actually died in July. The remaining 64 deaths are “legacy deaths.” They are mining them for impact. I don’t say it to minimize the impact of the death on the family or to further a conspiracy, as you like to claim. I say it because it is factual and can be verified.
That's incredible that you yourself and not some alt-right website is data-mining all 50 states like that. I'm pretty sure that there was a discussion on the old PDC how confirmed Covid-19 deaths and suspected Covid-19 deaths were being coded in New York at the start of this.

The following table published by the CDC is very clear that the U07.1 code and J12,0 code are NOT being added together in the reported number - but I know that doesn't fit your narrative.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Joepyeweed
Reactions:
Mood:

I think a lot of people are going to consider home school.

I see an opportunity for teachers to provide home tutoring - they could probably make more money.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Yes! There are families I know who are joining forces with other families of same age kids. They are planning weekly learning and enrichment activities to supplement online instruction.
Joepyeweed
Reactions:
Mood:

As for the Covid death count - it’s well known that numbers are not exactly accurate. However the error is on the low side. More people have died from covid than are being reported. That can be proven statistically by looking at excess death numbers. Total deaths In a month compared to the average from the last 5 years for that month.
JustRight
Reactions:

IVC School District just announced they are going back to full-time, in-classroom teaching.
Teachers and parents were polled. 76% of respondents chose the full-time, in-classroom option. Remote learning will be made available for those who prefer it.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

The first student or staff death will be the end of that. That's an inevitability for any district bringing students back into the building. Some staff and students will die, some will be hospitalized and some will lose their savings to medical bills.