Covid vaccines and cases in Peoria County

Toldyouso
Reactions:

In Peoria County, about 41 percent of people 18 and older and 74 percent of people 65 and older have been fully vaccinated as of April 28, according to CDC data.
Yet,

78 people in Peoria County are currently hospitalized with Covid-19. I think that is a record high. This time last year we were averaging 35-40 hospitalized.

While I do accept that correlation does not equal causation, I do question why our hospitalizations aren’t going down as vaccinations go up. This isn’t happening in other parts of the country. Why is this happening in Peoria?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Careless and unsafe behavior by too many people.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:39 am Careless and unsafe behavior by too many people.
So, ONLY people in Peoria County are being “careless and unsafe”?
Illinois as a whole is seeing a decline in cases:

Published: Apr. 27, 2021 at 6:29 PM UTC
CHICAGO (CBS) — While the average number of new COVID-19 cases reported each day in Illinois has been falling for the past couple weeks, daily vaccinations also have been dropping across Illinois.

Illinois is averaging 105,757 vaccinations per day over the past week, down 14 percent from one week ago, and down 20 percent from two weeks ago.

The decline comes as Chicago and Cook County have opened their mass vaccination sites for shots on a walk-in basis, and state and local officials have said supply is finally meeting or exceeding demand.

It also comes as new cases of COVID-19 have started to drop, after climbing from mid-March through early April.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

It appears that way. What is your reasoning then?
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.