PSS 150 to receive $850,000+ grant

kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

Peoria Public Schools (PPS) are the recipient of a $858,669 grant from proceeds from legal marijuana sales.

Hope they spend it wisely. My wish list would include funding resources to ensure children are getting to school once we (hopefully) open up full time. Right now the alternate day in person learning attendance is waaaay down. I've sent countless e-mails and MS Teams messages to my MIA students, teaching assistants and aides have called home and sent letters and SROs have made house calls with very little results or returned communication. I know I'm not the only teacher who is experiencing this.

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... bis-sales/
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

they'll spend it renaming schools. Idiots.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

“The money will also be used to assist students and families experiencing legal trouble.
“Whether there’s a student going through the criminal justice system working with the justice advocates, or a parent or a family member who just needs that second chance with an expungement or a sealing,” Booth said.”
:?
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Toldyouso wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:07 pm “The money will also be used to assist students and families experiencing legal trouble.
“Whether there’s a student going through the criminal justice system working with the justice advocates, or a parent or a family member who just needs that second chance with an expungement or a sealing,” Booth said.”
:?
Good grief. They gonna use some to post bail as well? Or did Prickster do away with cash bail?
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

I heard more about this today. Most of the funding is to continue and/or improve services at the Wrap-a-Round Center.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
Toldyouso
Reactions:

kevwr1962 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:45 pm I heard more about this today. Most of the funding is to continue and/or improve services at the Wrap-a-Round Center.
What is that?
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

RPlant
Reactions:

I was thinking maybe they could stock up on some fresh cheese sticks?

PPS food service provider responds to moldy food claims
https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... next-week/

You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile