You Gotta Eat

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Last Thursday's feature on a local BBQ place that @kevwr1962 and I like to eat from, when possible: Smo-King Pit at Northwoods Mall.

https://week.com/2021/02/19/you-gotta-eat-smo-king-pit/
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Great place. I love their brisket, and the green beans really are *that good*.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Toldyouso wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:36 am Great place. I love their brisket, and the green beans really are *that good*.
Not sure if I've had their green beans, but I like the corn on the cob and either potato salad or cole slaw. But lately have just gotten 6 ribs ala carte to go.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

I have eaten there a few times, pretty good food overall. Good people. I can't help but think that they would do a much better business in a different location. Get outside of Northwoods Mall. Get into a stand alone building. The old Pizza Hut building across Sterling Avenue has been empty for years. I know it is never easy to move, especially a restaurant business. But I really think that they could double their business. Whatever they do, I wish them the best of luck.👍
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:04 am I have eaten there a few times, pretty good food overall. Good people. I can't help but think that they would do a much better business in a different location. Get outside of Northwoods Mall. Get into a stand alone building. The old Pizza Hut building across Sterling Avenue has been empty for years. I know it is never easy to move, especially a restaurant business. But I really think that they could double their business. Whatever they do, I wish them the best of luck.👍
I'm acquainted with the owners. I know that Mike has looked at many other properties over the years to either move or have a second location. He's never found anything that intrigues him or in his price range. I know he does a ton of catering. And it is obvious he does far more pick up business than people who dine in. It would be cool if he had a to go order pickup window;. He's been there at least 15 years so things must being going well enough?
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

kevwr1962 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:22 pm
CCubs wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:04 am I have eaten there a few times, pretty good food overall. Good people. I can't help but think that they would do a much better business in a different location. Get outside of Northwoods Mall. Get into a stand alone building. The old Pizza Hut building across Sterling Avenue has been empty for years. I know it is never easy to move, especially a restaurant business. But I really think that they could double their business. Whatever they do, I wish them the best of luck.👍
It would be cool if he had a to go order pickup window;. He's been there at least 15 years so things must being going well enough?
Smo-King Pit does have a to go pick up window. They put up a small barricade/wall near the mall doors, and installed a window that faces those doors. Some tables were put out there too. This was done when dining rooms were closed.
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:27 am
kevwr1962 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:22 pm
It would be cool if he had a to go order pickup window;. He's been there at least 15 years so things must being going well enough?
Smo-King Pit does have a to go pick up window. They put up a small barricade/wall near the mall doors, and installed a window that faces those doors. Some tables were put out there too. This was done when dining rooms were closed.
My bad @DennisinMH, what I really meant was a drive up pick up window. I'm not going to post his "business" here, but I know what he really wanted to do, I know what the mall wanted him to do, and what you posted was probably a compromise.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........