Plant-based ground “beef”

JustRight
Reactions:

There are several brands now sold in the fresh meat section of supermarkets. Has anyone here tried any of them? I’m turned off by the highly-processed ingredients, and by the price (about twice that of real beef), but maybe I’m missing something.
Whit
Reactions:
Mood:

Nope & never
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

why would anyone eat some scientific concoction meant to mimic beef when real beef is fairly affordable, tasty and healthy?
cjsummers
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:

I think the target market is meat-loving vegetarians.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

We cut red meat out for a time and used TVP (textured vegetable protein) as protein. The crumbles are good in chili and soups for those looking for an alternative to red meat.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

I gave up beef and pork about 10 years ago as I was getting sick after eating them. I now eat turkey and chicken only. I still luv hot dogs, but, eat the turkey version of them. Feel much better since I made that change.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
JustRight
Reactions:

born2race2win1954! wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:04 am I gave up beef and pork about 10 years ago as I was getting sick after eating them. I now eat turkey and chicken only. I still luv hot dogs, but, eat the turkey version of them. Feel much better since I made that change.
I can understand and appreciate this. Many people don’t eat beef or pork for health or religious reasons. And, there are some good beef/pork substitutes made with chicken or turkey. I even “get” veggie burgers made of beans, or mushrooms, nuts, etc. But, this new breed of fake meat is made with some questionable ingredients. Most are made of pea protein...whatever that is. Then, they add coconut oil, another ingredient that may or may not be a healthy choice. After that, the ingredient list gets more unpronounceable. Methylcellulose, anyone? I just don’t get why anyone would pay double the cost of real beef for this Frankenfood.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

JustRight wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:48 am
born2race2win1954! wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:04 am I gave up beef and pork about 10 years ago as I was getting sick after eating them. I now eat turkey and chicken only. I still luv hot dogs, but, eat the turkey version of them. Feel much better since I made that change.
I I just don’t get why anyone would pay double the cost of real beef for this Frankenfood.
2 people just answered that question for you! Now you know why people would pay double! 😊
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

I had the impossible Whooper and it was pretty good. However, my family eats mostly chicken and Turkey. We use ground turkey for almost everything we would have used ground beef for.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Pock wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:56 pm I had the impossible Whooper and it was pretty good. However, my family eats mostly chicken and Turkey. We use ground turkey for almost everything we would have used ground beef for.
I've never tried the Impossible Whopper. If I didn't have a choice, my dinner entrees would be nothing but chicken and turkey.

Nope, I gotta have some ground Chuck or other red meat once or twice a week.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?