Zoom Zoom Zoom

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Wife and I experienced our first Zoom meeting last night, with a few other couples from our church. Our Outreach/Fellowship Committee chair hosted it. We just bought our first PC webcam 2 weeks ago or so.

It was fun, it was great reconnecting with some friends (although I had seen a couple of them Tuesday night for a church council meeting) We just talked about what everyone's been doing. Fortunately, our church may resume in person worship services February 7, with a limit of 50 people. Our pastor will be overjoyed, as he prefers preaching before a group of people instead of a camera.

Using Zoom not as difficult as I thought it might be. And before going online, I looked at
the different settings and features, and may try to conduct some interviews for my "Out and About with the Video Guy" vblog.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Our church has been live streaming all services on Facebook for months. We resumed limited in-person attendance several months ago, but those services are also live streamed. Many older congregants still don’t feel comfortable attending in person, and most have been able to participate this way. Not a perfect solution, as some don’t have access, but much appreciated by many.
cjsummers
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:

How did you avoid Zoom this long?
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

cjsummers wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:09 pm How did you avoid Zoom this long?
Never really needed it. A couple of times, we used Facebook Messenger Video chat to talk with daughters.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
cjsummers
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:

Zoom isn't bad. I can get a lot of work done during meetings now.