My New Toy

RambleOn
Reactions:

Not enough snow to really give it a test, but I had to try anyway. I got a snow pusher! Worked really well on smooth surfaces, tackled the rough ones fairly well, came to a dead stop when there was weeds or grass in the sidewalk joints. Didn't make much of a dent with ice, though. Waiting to see what happens when we get 4 - 6 inches of snow. Blade will angle to the side so it doesn't have to be dumped or thrown.
Above all, be kind!
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Nice. I hope it works well for you. Snow shoveling is tough work.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

RambleOn wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:24 am Not enough snow to really give it a test, but I had to try anyway. I got a snow pusher! Worked really well on smooth surfaces, tackled the rough ones fairly well, came to a dead stop when there was weeds or grass in the sidewalk joints. Didn't make much of a dent with ice, though. Waiting to see what happens when we get 4 - 6 inches of snow. Blade will angle to the side so it doesn't have to be dumped or thrown.
By the way,......I hope that you don't get to use your new toy very often.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
RPlant
Reactions:

Sounds like you'll get a chance to try it out this weekend. Which reminds me that I have a carburetor gasket leak on the snowblower I still need to fix this weekend.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
cjsummers
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:

I think it should be the City's responsibility to clear the sidewalks of snow. They're part of the public right-of-way and just as important to mobility as the streets. instead, the City requires residents to clear the sidewalks themselves, then sends plows down the road to dump heavy, compacted ice and snow on the sidewalks that even the able-bodied can barely move.
RPlant
Reactions:

cjsummers wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:45 am I think it should be the City's responsibility to clear the sidewalks of snow. They're part of the public right-of-way and just as important to mobility as the streets. instead, the City requires residents to clear the sidewalks themselves, then sends plows down the road to dump heavy, compacted ice and snow on the sidewalks that even the able-bodied can barely move.
I take it you also expect them to mow the green strip between the back of curb and sidewalk? I mean heck, while they're at it you might as well have them paint the house and walk the dog.

#Resistance_is_futile
RPlant
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:32 am Sounds like you'll get a chance to try it out this weekend. Which reminds me that I have a carburetor gasket leak on the snowblower I still need to fix this weekend.
My 80 year old neighbor told me, you don't own machines - they own you. Apparently I've been over priming and blowing out the gasket.

#Resistance_is_futile