Indoor dining to resume this week?

Toldyouso
Reactions:

Peoria area appears to meet requirements for indoor dining as COVID positivity levels below 8% for third straight day

https://www.pjstar.com/story/news/coron ... 198327001/
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

That's good news for Peoria and the Region, but even 25% indoor dining might not be enough for some places to reopen if they chose to close temporarily.

There are restaurants, both local and chain, in our area that not only are following protocols, but also installed glass barriers between booths. So they are defying the current rule, but still looking at safety. Other restaurants have tables marked off to keep distancing.

While visiting grandson and his parents today in Springfield, we got carryout dinner from Star 66 diner located off Sangamon exit east of I-55. It's part of a decent size truck stop. When my son in law and I went to pick up the dinner, their dining room was packed, but they had glass dividers between booths. My SIL said that Sangamon County started 25% indoor dining last week, but only for those bars/restaurants that didn't receive a PPE grant.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Just posted on CIProud. Region 2 can start 25% indoor dining.

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... -region-2/

Now, it will be interesting what Jason's Deli will decide to do. Right now, we have tables marked off for 50% capacity. Will 25% capacity be enough to add 2-3 staff people a day to help with indoor service? Since Tier 3 went into effect, we had 2 for drive thru, 3 to make the food, a manager, sometimes 2, and me for deliveries and other catering/kitchen prep duties.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Maybe they’ll grow a set and open up at 50 or even 100%. Gravy’s order is unconstitutional.
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

This is great! Get people back to work and not have to eat outside in the winter all bundled up next to heaters.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
Jannn1959
Reactions:

I’m very happy for business to be able open and make a living! I will continue to pick up my food and tip generously until I feel safer. I’m worried enough to returning back to school this week, I’m not going to push the issue by eating inside.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Jannn1959 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:04 am I’m very happy for business to be able open and make a living! I will continue to pick up my food and tip generously until I feel safer. I’m worried enough to returning back to school this week, I’m not going to push the issue by eating inside.
Thank you for making a choice that works for you, without forcing others to take the same position.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Every person has to make the choices that are right for them. Not everyone will think the same. We will all have to show respect for the other persons perspective. There is probably no normal anymore. Any situation at any time could be a big variation from the previous one. RESPECT will be key. Have some patience and tolerance.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Just had lunch at my favorite local restaurant. It was great!
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

FWIW, it seemed Jason's had a decent stream of indoor diners today, but never more than 25 at the same time. The earliest customer I saw was eating at around 10:45 am, after I got back from a 10:30 delivery. When I Ieft work at about 1:45, the parking lot in front of the building (which also houses 5 Star Nutrition and Moe's Southwest Grill), it was pretty full.