No names published of violators

cjsummers
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:

A local attorney and the Journal Star are complaining that Peoria County won't release the names of restaurants that are violating Covid restrictions:
https://www.pjstar.com/story/news/2020/ ... 958099001/

My guess is that the County knows they don't have any authority to enforce the orders because the Governor doesn't get to create laws by fiat and the legislature has not passed any laws regarding Covid. Absent any enforcement mechanism, publishing the names would only provide free publicity, make it easier for people to know which restaurants are open for inside dining, and potentially provide incentive to other restaurants to open up. In order to keep the number of violators down, it's better not to publish the names or come right out and say they can't enforce anything.

Just my opinion. I think if they had the authority to enforce it, they would, and they would name names of violators.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Wasn’t there a thread here listing open restaurants?
I will never vote for Kamunism
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

According to the article the lawyer and newspaper were denied FOIA requests for this information. It has been my suggestions for restaurants who have been singled out/fined/closed, while others have remained open, to file FOIA requests to obtain how many Covid cases are/were directly attributed to their restaurant, they would most likely be denied and then could sue for discrimination. Seriously, if the health department can not prove without a shadow of a doubt that your restaurant is responsible for the spread of Covid, they have no business shutting you down.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
Toldyouso
Reactions:

I’m happy to see more and more restaurant owners defying the governor’s unconstitutional edict. Most I know of don’t have liquor licenses. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see Jim’s Steakhouse openly advertising on their Facebook page that they are taking reservations for inside dining.