It is 24 degrees

kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

It is 24 degrees outside on December 14 and 9 PM and you could go play tennis at Glen Oak Park because the lights were on. You could have played a few nights ago when it was raining, too. Good stewards of our tax dollars.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
cjsummers
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:

What's the solution? Employ someone to drive around to all Park District properties and turn the lights on or off based on the weather at any given hour of the day? Doesn't sound more cost-effective than just putting the lights on a timer like they are now....
RPlant
Reactions:

You sure those lights aren't on an unmetered, legacy fixed price account with Ameren? That has been the biggest hang up with locals switching to LED and smart fixtures. Even if they upgrade, they still pay the same flat rate, unmetered price. I believe it is a carry over issue in state statute. Made sense back in the day.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

"What's the solution? Employ someone to drive around to all Park District properties and turn the lights on or off based on the weather at any given hour of the day? Doesn't sound more cost-effective than just putting the lights on a timer like they are now...."

"You sure those lights aren't on an unmetered, legacy fixed price account with Ameren? That has been the biggest hang up with locals switching to LED and smart fixtures. Even if they upgrade, they still pay the same flat rate, unmetered price. I believe it is a carry over issue in state statute. Made sense back in the day."

In years past they used to shut down/off for the year around Halloween after the fall back time change. Last year it seemed like mid-November and this year...........keep lighting up the night.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
RPlant
Reactions:

kevwr1962 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:07 pm "What's the solution? Employ someone to drive around to all Park District properties and turn the lights on or off based on the weather at any given hour of the day? Doesn't sound more cost-effective than just putting the lights on a timer like they are now...."

"You sure those lights aren't on an unmetered, legacy fixed price account with Ameren? That has been the biggest hang up with locals switching to LED and smart fixtures. Even if they upgrade, they still pay the same flat rate, unmetered price. I believe it is a carry over issue in state statute. Made sense back in the day."

In years past they used to shut down/off for the year around Halloween after the fall back time change. Last year it seemed like mid-November and this year...........keep lighting up the night.
Wild suggestion, you might call the Park District to report it.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

We have a little snow on the parking lot this morning at the WMBD studios, maybe 1/4 inch.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?