What's the purpose

BigBen
Reactions:

What's the purpose of this forum?
RPlant
Reactions:

BigBen wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:42 am What's the purpose of this forum?
The General Chat section, or the whole thing in general?
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
BigBen
Reactions:

The entire message board. Is it private? Is it public? Is the purpose to elicit conversation? It seems like it's purpose is to make a select few feel special about their previous participation on a now defunct public forum.
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

Well, it was one of two forums started to replace the now (pretty much) defunct PDC. However, much said here, especially on the political threads would have been deleted and poster banned on PDC. As far as I know, this is a public forum if you know how to find it which is why it is mostly filled with former PDC members and members who were banned. Just curious @BigBen, how did you find it?

Actually, from what I see here, I think most of the people posting, especially those in the political threads, were those who were banned from PDC. I think there are a few who weren't that post on occasion. However, several people have made comment elsewhere that they are no longer posting here because the vile on the political posts spills over to other parts of the forum and they just don't care for it. Call them whimps, thin-skinned, snowflakes, etc. but I get it; for the most part you can't have a conversation here without getting insulted. Look at the number of people signed up here vs. how many actually post on a regular basis should speak volumes.

Personally, I don't feel special about being a former PDCer.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
WAPJoe
Reactions:

kevwr1962 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:16 am

Actually, from what I see here, I think most of the people posting, especially those in the political threads, were those who were banned from PDC. I think there are a few who weren't that post on occasion. However, several people have made comment elsewhere that they are no longer posting here because the vile on the political posts spills over to other parts of the forum and they just don't care for it. Call them whimps, thin-skinned, snowflakes, etc. but I get it; for the most part you can't have a conversation here without getting insulted.
The political forum is not moderated because that is the way the members voted when polled. I do try to moderate the other forums at least from the constant sniping. I just locked a thread in Science for that very reason. If you see something you think is not appropriate outside the political forum flag it.
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

BigBen wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:42 am What's the purpose of this forum?
This is one for the philosophers.