Restaurants reopen for indoor dining

JustRight
Reactions:

...starting tomorrow. Will you be going? Or, do you plan on waiting a while longer?
Jannn1959
Reactions:

I’m waiting, but don’t mind eating outside.
Whit
Reactions:
Mood:

I'm going!
RambleOn
Reactions:

Don't eat out much in normal times. I'll wait. If anything, I will call ahead and pick up. May bring it home to eat or may take it to a park to consume. Used to take my lunch to Great Oak Park on High Street.
Above all, be kind!
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

I'll be in Springfield tomorrow. I am planning on dinning in at my fav mexican place.
SNMehr
Reactions:

It is supposed to be hot tomorrow. Diners will want to be inside. It will be a madhouse. Think it is a good night for Dagwood sandwiches and beer.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

At Jason's Deli, the GM was busy making sure everything was in place, in dining room and the front line. Even the district manager came in to help out. Customers will have to wear masks until they sit to eat. There is hand sanitizer available. Employees will run the food to the tables, and customers can get their own drinks and ice cream; but a couple extra rules on that.
We have tables blocked off so the 6ft distancing is in place.

But biggest advantage of Phase Four for me as a driver? Group gatherings up to 50, which means our catering/delivery side should pick up again. Good start today with a big catering order.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
JustRight
Reactions:

@DennisinMH said:
“... and customers can get their own drinks and ice cream; but a couple extra rules on that.”
This surprises me. Customers often use the drink dispenser immediately after paying for their meal at many restaurants. That practice grossed me out, long before COVID-19! How many people put their unwashed hands on that machine right after handling cash *shudder* 🤢
Glad to hear that deliveries are picking up for you, though!
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Drink stations don't require touching the handle that dispenses soda. Ice tea dispensers, yes. Like I said there is hand sanitizer available at various places. If folks want a drink refill, they have to come get a new cup. When they get ice cream, we have a sign requiring using a napkin when pulling down on the handle. We'll also have staff to sanitize and disinfect handles regularly. I'm sure this is what all restaurants are doing as well.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Jannn1959
Reactions:

Dennis — I assume no salad bar?