PDC/EB Food Pantry

kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

From PDC forums. Although they have closed down, Joe did post this. He didn't really have to, but it was a remarkable gesture. I'm positive that @RambleOn will use this money to its best potential.

by: PeoriaDotCom
~ 12 hrs ago Jun 24 2020, 10:07am

East Bluff Food Pantry Update

FYI, between the credits already sent to @RambleOn, and sending the balance of unused credits from all members, East Bluff Food Pantry is receiving $129 from PDC & PDC members!

I'm glad the credits are going to a good cause.

Checks / cashed in credits since Jun 17th going to East Bluff Food Pantry:
$45 - Check #16174
$25 - Check #16179
$25 - Check #16183
$10 - Check #16190
$24 - Check #16193

=> $129
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

Thanks for this info❤️
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

All food pantries are seeing big increases in folks coming in for food assistance, due to the Pandemic. Hopefully the need will start to ease in the next few months as more businesses reopen, and people are able to go back to work.

The EBCC Food Pantry is a very important resource in the East Bluff, and glad to see these funds going to them.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

That is very nice of PDCJoe.
JustRight
Reactions:

DennisinMH said:
“All food pantries are seeing big increases in folks coming in for food assistance, due to the Pandemic.”
Actually, the numbers at the Love in Action Food Pantry in Chillicothe have been DOWN considerably. People seem to be getting by with the extra $600/week in benefits from the government . That ends next week though, so I imagine we’ll see an uptick again.
On the flip side, we’ve been receiving a lot of food that had been intended for restaurants. We’ve been struggling with how to distribute frozen 10# bags of pre-cooked peppers and onions, for example.
RambleOn
Reactions:

The first three were deposited on June 23rd. Didn't check the mail at the center today, so I don't know if they have arrived. I really thank all the members who donated credits to me over the years.
Above all, be kind!