A Special Day

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

This day has special meaning for me. First, it would have been my mom's 87th Birthday. I'm sure she celebrating in heaven. Miss you!

Second, it was 34 years ago that I embarked on a journey I will never regret. Yes, it was my 1st full time job ever, and it was shooting, editing videos. But it was more than that. It was an eye opener into the issues of poverty and discrimination. And I became a fan of Black History along the way. Learning a lot more than what I was taught in school. My heart was in doing the CAPtions show every week for almost 27 years. With everything that's been going on the last 3 years, in this Community and nationally, it's too bad it's still not around. Bonus was meeting JT Goodfoot, and producing JT's Bourbon LIVE as well. I have to thank Michael Banks and McFarland A. II Bragg for bringing me on board at PCCEO for a lifetime of memories.

Last, but not least, my wife's 12th anniversary where she works, in grocery retail. It's not always been easy for her, and she's contemplating retiring in a few months.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
RambleOn
Reactions:

You brought a lot of light to issues during those 27 years! Happy to have met you during that time. I will always remember JT Goodfoot calling me many years later to ask what my daughter was doing. He had seen her perform as a little kid and was glad to know that she continued with music as an adult. Now is a good time to retire if one can. It is not an easy decision! Very glad I did it in 2011!
Above all, be kind!