Hospitalizations drop, phase 3 continues

AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Local hospitalizations dropped from 49 to 45 over the weekend, allowing us to remain in phase 3 of the reopening plan. Nationwide hospitalizations are dropping as well.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:32 pm Local hospitalizations dropped from 49 to 45 over the weekend, allowing us to remain in phase 3 of the reopening plan. Nationwide hospitalizations are dropping as well.
Correction, we are in Phase Four, since June 26. Going back to Phase Three means no dine-in, crowds limited to 10, no drinking inside bars, among other things.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Yep. Thanks for catching that.
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:32 pm Local hospitalizations dropped from 49 to 45 over the weekend, allowing us to remain in phase 3 of the reopening plan. Nationwide hospitalizations are dropping as well.
Umm yeah. Dr. Brix must now be talking out of her backside for going against Trump?

You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
LovelyRita
Reactions:

I don't think we can trust the data anymore.

How Many People in the U.S. Are Hospitalized With COVID-19? Who Knows?

"The Trump administration told hospitals to stop reporting data to the CDC, and report it to HHS instead. Vice President Mike Pence said the information would continue to be released publicly. It hasn’t worked out as promised."

https://www.propublica.org/article/how- ... -who-knows
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

the local number I quoted were from the Peoria County Health agency. The national drop in hospital beds came form the Covid Tracking Project at www.covidtracking.com

I"m at a loss to explain who and when we trust numbers. The CDC is supposedly run by a Trump shill who cannot be trusted, but we trusted those numbers when they showed an increase. I guess he was reliable then?

So the government moves away from the alleged Trump shill's agency and begins having hospitals report to HHS, but we can't trust those numbers because the CDC isn't involved. I'm confused who we're supposed to listen to this week, but it seems historically we should listen to the agency reporting the worst situation, because it's an election cycle after all. Whatever.

The Covid Tracking Project draws it's numbers directly from state health departments and links to the source in each chart or state they display.

Illinois hospital beds being used by Covid patients, as well as ICU beds and ventilators being used by Covid patients has steadily and pretty much continuously been dropping over time. Deaths due to Covid have also been streadily dropping statewide. From the Illinois Department of Health website, not the CDC, HHS or a left-center biased news website.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

I agree that somehow statistics and data have been politicized, the President never should have done that.

I believe the people on the ground, many are family and friends. Healthcare workers are screaming for help. You keep moving the goal posts, but a virus doesn't care. Denying what you're seeing and people are experiencing is cruel.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:38 am I agree that somehow statistics and data have been politicized, the President never should have done that.

I believe the people on the ground, many are family and friends. Healthcare workers are screaming for help. You keep moving the goal posts, but a virus doesn't care. Denying what you're seeing and people are experiencing is cruel.
OK. You've made up your mind that I'm denying something and that I'm cruel, and nothing will change your mind. CJ did a good job of explaining that in another thread.
I will say you are not the only person on this site who has friends and family in healthcare, and the opinions there vary widely as well. Of course I understand your friends are all right and mine are all deniers. I'd expect nothing less, and have learned to certainly never expect anything more.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

You can't resist throwing personal jabs. And yeah, I think it's pretty cruel to insist kids go back into the classroom.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:27 pm You can't resist throwing personal jabs. And yeah, I think it's pretty cruel to insist kids go back into the classroom.
a lot of mental health professionals disagree with you on that. I'll trust them over you.