This is what I get for thinking

RambleOn
Reactions:

When PDC shut down, I thought a new site would be a good way to keep up with some people I personally know and some that I only knew through their posts, but still cared about. In thinking that by-gones would be by-gones, I was wrong! In thinking that respect would be shown, I was wrong. In thinking that language would be "family friendly", I was wrong. When I thought we would act like adults, I was wrong. I am really sorry I was wrong!
Last edited by RambleOn on Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Above all, be kind!
cjsummers
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:

I know how you feel. I was hopeful for the new site as well, but I hardly ever come here anymore. I think open Internet message boards that allow anonymous users are simply irredeemable.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

I'm thinking of taking a break from here. I haven't read Doonesbury since January, 2009. Want to see how Obama was satirized the same way other comedians satirized Trump, but without the complaining tweets.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
timeforethics
Reactions:

I agree! It also does not help that some folks are not using the same name they were using on PDC. That makes accountability even less likely.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

timeforethics wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:54 pm I agree! It also does not help that some folks are not using the same name they were using on PDC. That makes accountability even less likely.
I pretty much figured out who one lady is from PDC. (Not Rita)
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
RPlant
Reactions:

DennisinMH wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:13 pm
timeforethics wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:54 pm I agree! It also does not help that some folks are not using the same name they were using on PDC. That makes accountability even less likely.
I pretty much figured out who one lady is from PDC. (Not Rita)
I bet you haven't.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
RPlant
Reactions:

cjsummers wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:37 am I know how you feel. I was hopeful for the new site as well, but I hardly ever come here anymore. I think open Internet message boards that allow anonymous users are simply irredeemable.
"I think open Internet message boards that allow anonymous users are simply irredeemable", says the guy responding to a user named "RambleOn"? :lol: Sure we know who she is based upon old posts, but not by immediate identity.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
LovelyRita
Reactions:

cjsummers wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:37 am I know how you feel. I was hopeful for the new site as well, but I hardly ever come here anymore. I think open Internet message boards that allow anonymous users are simply irredeemable.
It's surprising to hear you say this because you participated a lot on the other forum. Is this an acquired distaste?
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

RPlant wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:37 pm
"I think open Internet message boards that allow anonymous users are simply irredeemable", says the guy responding to a user named "RambleOn"? :lol: Sure we know who she is based upon old posts, but not by immediate identity.
And you were who on PDC?
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
cjsummers
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:

LovelyRita wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:41 pm It's surprising to hear you say this because you participated a lot on the other forum. Is this an acquired distaste?
I was participating less and less on PDC by the end. The things I didn't like about PDC have carried over to this forum--mainly, that every topic comes back to Trump (notice that this thread is no exception) because that's all some people can talk about for some reason (this isn't unique to the forum--it's all over the news and late night talk shows, etc.--what a bore!). And no one else seems to be interested in the topics I try to start, which is fine. Everyone has different interests, and I don't expect people to be interested in the same things I am. But it does make the forum less attractive to me. Besides, I really should be doing more constructive things, and why should anyone be interested in my opinions anyway?