Another Peoria homicide

JustRight
Reactions:

Homicide
PPD Incident #20-13508

(Peoria, IL) - Saturday, July 18, 2020, at approximately 1:38 am, Peoria Police responded to the area of the 2500 block of W Seibold regarding a ShotSpotter alert indicating multiple rounds fired. In addition, a 9-1-1 call was received regarding a shooting in the area.

Upon arrival, officers located two adult male victims outside, in front of a residence, with apparent gunshot wounds. Both victims were transported to a local hospital by ambulance with life threatening injuries.

One victim was later pronounced deceased at the hospital.

The second victim is in serious condition.

Multiple vehicles and a residence were damaged by gunfire.

There is no suspect information at this time.

This incident is under investigation.

If you have any information regarding this incident, please contact the Peoria Police Department at (309) 673-4521 or CrimeStoppers anonymously at (309) 673-9000.
RPlant
Reactions:

Your feigned concern grows tiresome JustWrong. The national murder rate is 5 / 100,000 according to FBI stats (2018).

Peoria's 2019 population est. by the US Census Bureau was 110.417, so this 7th homicide places them at 127% of the national average. (https://www.pjstar.com/news/20200718/ma ... de-of-2020)

AGAIN Washington, IL had a second murder for a town of 16,500 people. They're already at 242% of the national average.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
JustRight
Reactions:

@RPlant
“feigned concern”? I posted a Peoria Police report in the “Local News” section of a Peoria-centric forum.
I’m sorry if facts (supplied by the city’s police department) triggered you.
RPlant
Reactions:

No "trigger". At least it appears partially more sincere than your Chicago stats.

#Resistance_is_futile
JustRight
Reactions:

I’m not the one who turned “this 7th homicide“ into a statistic before the body was even cold. I’m sure his family appreciates YOUR concern.

Anyone else want to discuss this? Any ideas on how Peoria can tamp down the gun violence? Bring back Don’t Shoot? Earlier curfews? Federal help in curtailing gang violence? Reopen basketball courts and baseball fields so there is something to do besides shooting at one another?
RPlant
Reactions:

JustRight wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:27 pm I’m not the one who turned “this 7th homicide“ into a statistic before the body was even cold. I’m sure his family appreciates YOUR concern.

Anyone else want to discuss this? Any ideas on how Peoria can tamp down the gun violence? Bring back Don’t Shoot? Earlier curfews? Federal help in curtailing gang violence? Reopen basketball courts and baseball fields so there is something to do besides shooting at one another?
FYI: The PJ Star reported it as Peoria's 7th homicide when I replied to your umptieth post on shootings. No one seems to want to discuss it because you are just grinding the same old crank.

Mapleton board discusses member’s ‘colored people’ comments
https://www.pjstar.com/news/20170712/ma ... e-comments
MAPLETON — Concerns that one member of the Mapleton Village Board previously made racist comments dominated discussion at Tuesday’s board meeting.

The board discussed remarks made by Alice Dailey during a streets and alleys committee meeting in May. An audio recording of the conversation was played at Tuesday’s meeting, and copies of the transcript were distributed to board members and meeting attendees.

“I’m sorry, we have too many colored people coming into town on Tuesdays and Thursday nights to play ball down (at the Hollis Recreation/Fitness Center),” Dailey said at the May meeting. She later discusses ways to “divert them” with detour signs.

During Tuesday’s meeting, Dailey said she had suggested putting up detour signs to warn anyone leaving the recreation center of Mapleton’s streets, which are winding and often unsafe to navigate at night.

“Bring them down here and around, away from that intersection (of First and Maple streets),” Dailey said during the meeting. “I’ve been here where there’s been bad wrecks at that intersection.”

Board members also discussed the meaning of the phrase “other breed,” which Dailey had said during the May committee meeting.

On Tuesday, board member Brad Rusterholz said he was in “shock” when he heard Dailey use the phrase. But Dailey said she was referring to white residents.

“You didn’t ask me about (that phrase) at the (May) meeting,” Dailey told Rusterholz.

One resident said he didn’t believe Dailey’s comments in the earlier committee meeting were particularly offensive.

“I read this (transcript) and I don’t see anything where it refers to separating the breeds or anything like that,” he said. ”‘Colored people’ is not offensive, and ‘breeds’ is not an offensive word.”

Other residents said they thought Dailey sounded like she was trying to “herd” people out of town.

“It sounds like you’re trying to herd them out of town like cattle, that’s what it sounds like on that tape,” one woman in the audience said. “And that’s wrong.”

Some members of the Village Board attempted to make a motion to cite Dailey with an ordinance violation for her comments, but they were unable to find an ordinance that fit the issue.

Mayor Carl Bishop said the town needed to be more mindful of the minorities that lived in Mapleton.

“I’m very strongly against racism,” Bishop said.

Maddie Gehling can be reached at 686-3194 or by email at mgehling@pjstar.com. Follow her on Twitter @mgehling_pjs.

#Resistance_is_futile
JustRight
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:30 pm
JustRight wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:27 pm I’m not the one who turned “this 7th homicide“ into a statistic before the body was even cold. I’m sure his family appreciates YOUR concern.

FYI: The PJ Star reported it as Peoria's 7th homicide when I replied to your umptieth post on shootings. No one seems to want to discuss it because you are just grinding the same old crank.

Mapleton board discusses member’s ‘colored people’ comments
https://www.pjstar.com/news/20170712/ma ... e-comments
MAPLETON — Concerns that one member of the Mapleton Village Board previously made racist comments dominated discussion at Tuesday’s board meeting.

The board discussed remarks made by Alice Dailey during a streets and alleys committee meeting in May. An audio recording of the conversation was played at Tuesday’s meeting, and copies of the transcript were distributed to board members and meeting attendees.

“I’m sorry, we have too many colored people coming into town on Tuesdays and Thursday nights to play ball down (at the Hollis Recreation/Fitness Center),” Dailey said at the May meeting. She later discusses ways to “divert them” with detour signs.

During Tuesday’s meeting, Dailey said she had suggested putting up detour signs to warn anyone leaving the recreation center of Mapleton’s streets, which are winding and often unsafe to navigate at night.

“Bring them down here and around, away from that intersection (of First and Maple streets),” Dailey said during the meeting. “I’ve been here where there’s been bad wrecks at that intersection.”

Board members also discussed the meaning of the phrase “other breed,” which Dailey had said during the May committee meeting.

On Tuesday, board member Brad Rusterholz said he was in “shock” when he heard Dailey use the phrase. But Dailey said she was referring to white residents.

“You didn’t ask me about (that phrase) at the (May) meeting,” Dailey told Rusterholz.

One resident said he didn’t believe Dailey’s comments in the earlier committee meeting were particularly offensive.

“I read this (transcript) and I don’t see anything where it refers to separating the breeds or anything like that,” he said. ”‘Colored people’ is not offensive, and ‘breeds’ is not an offensive word.”

Other residents said they thought Dailey sounded like she was trying to “herd” people out of town.

“It sounds like you’re trying to herd them out of town like cattle, that’s what it sounds like on that tape,” one woman in the audience said. “And that’s wrong.”

Some members of the Village Board attempted to make a motion to cite Dailey with an ordinance violation for her comments, but they were unable to find an ordinance that fit the issue.

Mayor Carl Bishop said the town needed to be more mindful of the minorities that lived in Mapleton.

“I’m very strongly against racism,” Bishop said.

Maddie Gehling can be reached at 686-3194 or by email at mgehling@pjstar.com. Follow her on Twitter @mgehling_pjs.
Huh?
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Apparently the unrelated racism of a Mapleton woman is to blame for the violence in Peoria. Duh. Who couldn’t make that connection?
RPlant
Reactions:

My bad, I confused Mapleton with Chillicothe.

#Resistance_is_futile
JustRight
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:58 pm My bad, I confused Mapleton with Chillicothe.
I had to Google Mapleton, IL. Turns out, it’s about 30 miles from Chillicothe.