This scammer caught

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

A local grocery store chain has had issues of a man, and accompanied by 1 of two women, putting less than $2 into a coin collection machines, getting the ticket, and somehow changing it via computer software to read in the hundreds of dollars. Not sure how he was able to do that, print out on same type of paper. Unfortunately, several of these stores were taken by these scammers. One store was hit twice, because apparently not all employees were notified of it. Fortunately, video and data was turned into the cops, word spread to other stores to watch out. Just within the last day or so, the same guy tried again in a Peoria store, claiming he had put in $800 worth of coins. Employees this time told him to wait for authorization, and called the police. He has been arrested.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

Is this using those "count your coins" machines? I was going to do that once until I read the fine print. I think they wanted 10% of your $$ to do that. If you really did have $800 in coins, that would cost you $80. That's kinda steep.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:16 pm A local grocery store chain has had issues of a man, and accompanied by 1 of two women, putting less than $2 into a coin collection machines, getting the ticket, and somehow changing it via computer software to read in the hundreds of dollars. Not sure how he was able to do that, print out on same type of paper. Unfortunately, several of these stores were taken by these scammers. One store was hit twice, because apparently not all employees were notified of it. Fortunately, video and data was turned into the cops, word spread to other stores to watch out. Just within the last day or so, the same guy tried again in a Peoria store, claiming he had put in $800 worth of coins. Employees this time told him to wait for authorization, and called the police. He has been arrested.
Wow. That is crazy