Peoria’s 7th homicide of 2021

Toldyouso
Reactions:

There have been 14 homicides in Peoria so far this year (less than 6 months).
That is the same number of homicides recorded in Peoria in the entire year of 2020.
Why aren’t more people demanding an end to the violence?
Why hasn’t the new mayor addressed it? Does she believe if we ignore it, it will go away?

“After a record-setting 2019 in which the city saw 25 homicides — the most in at least 30 years — Peoria's total in 2020 fell to 14, with the last one coming on Dec. 30.
….
It's hard to gauge what changed within the past 12 months. Shootings were up — 136, as opposed to about 93 in 2019 — a sign that violence is still here in Peoria. Of the 14 homicides in 2020, all were by gunfire. Back in 2019, 18 of the 25 homicides were due to firearms.”
https://www.pantagraph.com/news/state-a ... 9bf01.html
Toldyouso
Reactions:

PEORIA (WEEK) - At least one person was wounded Wednesday evening in a shooting that happened near the corner of NE Monroe and Wayne Streets in Peoria.

Peoria Police said a man suffered life-threatening injuries after being shot in the side.

Police were called to the scene shortly before 7:50 p.m.

No other details were immediately available.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Peoria’s 15th homicide victim of the year succumbed to his wounds earlier today.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Peoria’s 16th homicide of the year, 9th since Mayor Ali was sworn in.

Homicide
PPD Incident #21-12813

(Peoria, IL) - Monday, July 12, 2021, at approximately 8:56 pm, Peoria Police responded to a ShotSpotter alert in the 1300 blk of S Griswold indicating multiple rounds fired.

Upon arrival, officers located a victim of a shooting in the 2400 blk of W Starr. The adult male victim was found down with apparent injuries from gunfire. First responding officers immediately began emergency lifesaving measures until Peoria Fire Department paramedics and AMT arrived and took over care of the patient. The victim was transported to a local hospital by AMT with life threatening injuries. The victim was later pronounced deceased at the hospital.

Several minutes later, officers were advised a second victim was transported to a local hospital via private vehicle. The second victim suffered a gunshot wound to the shoulder and is in stable condition.

Star Liquors, 2421 W Starr, was also struck by gunfire during this incident.

There is no suspect information at this time.

This incident is under investigation.

The identity of the victim will be released by the Peoria County Coroner at the conclusion of the autopsy.

If you have any information regarding this incident, or camera footage you believe may be important to this investigation, please contact Detective Roberto Vasquez with the Peoria Police Department Criminal Investigations Division at (309) 494-8369 or CrimeStoppers anonymously at (309) 673-9000.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Obsession, but you have no idea's on how to stop these senseless tragedies. Interesting.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:38 am Obsession, but you have no idea's on how to stop these senseless tragedies. Interesting.
There is no apostrophe in ideas.

It’s not my job to find a way to end the senseless violence in Peoria.
It is Mayor Ali’s. Unfortunately, she has chosen to remain silent.
Don’t these lives matter to her?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Thank you for the grammar lesson.
It is Mayor Ali's job. And the police chief, the police force and the general public. The preceding mayor's didn't do anything to prevent them. So why all of a sudden is it priority #1 for Mayor Ali.
Surely you have a suggestion or idea to reveal. I mean you are obsessed with this topic.
I myself would LOVE to see these senseless killings stopped immediately. I gave my suggestion and idea. Not many liked it though,...which doesn't bother me.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

I asked a reporter about Mayor Ali speaking out on this. They have attempted to interview her. She is not intentionally being silent. She does not want to be the only spokesperson,and that she has staff working with the community to bring solutions to the issue.

Probably the same method that other Mayors used.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Toldyouso
Reactions:

DennisinMH wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:46 pm I asked a reporter about Mayor Ali speaking out on this. They have attempted to interview her. She is not intentionally being silent. She does not want to be the only spokesperson,and that she has staff working with the community to bring solutions to the issue.

I’m calling BS.
The Mayor has the bully pulpit.
IF she has a plan, why play coy? There have been TEN homicides in Peoria since she took office 2 months ago. That is unprecedented. In fact, over the last two months, you’re more likely to die of a gunshot wound in Peoria than die of Covid-19.
SPEAK UP, MAYOR ALI!
RPlant
Reactions:

Toldyouso wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:53 pm
DennisinMH wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:46 pm I asked a reporter about Mayor Ali speaking out on this. They have attempted to interview her. She is not intentionally being silent. She does not want to be the only spokesperson,and that she has staff working with the community to bring solutions to the issue.

I’m calling BS.
The Mayor has the bully pulpit.
IF she has a plan, why play coy? There have been TEN homicides in Peoria since she took office 2 months ago. That is unprecedented. In fact, over the last two months, you’re more likely to die of a gunshot wound in Peoria than die of Covid-19.
SPEAK UP, MAYOR ALI!
Us non-residents demand an answer!
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile