Peoria’s 7th homicide of 2021

AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Why do you say there is not much we can do about Hollywood movies?
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:05 pm
AV8R wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:51 am “At this point, we need to start back at square one. GUN CONTROL!!! Make it much, much harder to get guns. Less guns = Less crimes.”

CCubs 6/16/21

You can’t take away video games or violent movies, they’ve been around too long.

Also CCubs 6/17/21

Would you please be kind enough to remove this LIE?
I would, if it were a lie.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

It is.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Unlucky #13

Double Shooting
Incident #21-10994

(Peoria, IL) - Sunday, June 20, 2021, at approximately 1:08 am, Peoria Police responded to the 900 blk of W Crestwood regarding a report of a male shot.

Officers located one victim down outside of an apartment building. The adult male was unresponsive and suffered injuries from gunshot wounds. The male was pronounced deceased at the scene.

The second victim, an adult male, was located inside of the apartment complex and also suffered injuries from gunshot wounds. The second victim was transported to a local hospital with life threatening injuries.

Peoria Fire and AMT were on scene and provided emergency medical treatment.

The Peoria County Coroner was on scene.

There is no suspect information at this time.

This incident is under investigation.

The identity of the victim as well as the cause and manner of death will be released by the Coroner at the conclusion of the autopsy.

If you have any information regarding this incident, please contact the Peoria Police Department at (309) 673-4521 or CrimeStoppers anonymously at (309) 673-9000.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Peoria’s 14th homicide victim of the year succumbed to his wounds earlier today.
PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — (UPDATE — 11:53 a.m.) — Peoria police confirmed the second victim in a shooting that took place early Sunday morning has died at the hospital.

Public Information Officer Amy Dotson sent the update just before noon. She said an investigation into the shooting is ongoing.

(PREVIOUS) — One man is dead and another is in the hospital after an early Sunday morning shooting in Peoria, police said.

Public Information Officer Amy Dotson said at approximately 1:08 a.m. Sunday, Peoria Police responded to a report of a man who was shot at the 900 block of W. Crestwood Drive.

When they arrived, police found a man outside an apartment building who was shot multiple times and unresponsive. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police found a second victim, an adult male who was also shot multiple times, inside the apartment complex. He was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries.

His current condition is unknown.

At this time, police have not released any suspect information. The shooting is under investigation.

Peoria County Coroner Jamie Harwood is expected to release the identity of the victim with the cause and manner of death after an autopsy is completed.

Those with any information regarding the shooting are encouraged to contact the Peoria Police Department
at (309) 673-4521 or CrimeStoppers anonymously at (309) 673-9000.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Happy Juneteenth.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Serious question for ToldYouSo. You post and talk a lot about this subject. Is there a particular reason for that? Not stirring trouble, just curious. I don't think any Peorian can be proud of our crime and homicide rate these past few years. There is always a heated debate about how to fix it, obviously there is no easy to fix it or it would have been done. Just curious why you suddenly post information about each new one, as it has been going on for awhile now. 🤔
Toldyouso
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:50 pm Serious question for ToldYouSo. You post and talk a lot about this subject. Is there a particular reason for that? Not stirring trouble, just curious. I don't think any Peorian can be proud of our crime and homicide rate these past few years. There is always a heated debate about how to fix it, obviously there is no easy to fix it or it would have been done. Just curious why you suddenly post information about each new one, as it has been going on for awhile now. 🤔
1. This is the “Local News” forum. Crime is Peoria’s #1 problem. Homicides are local news.
2. I didn’t “suddenly” start posting about Peoria homicides; I started this post 6 weeks ago.
3. Over the last 6 weeks, Peoria has recorded an average of more than one homicide per week. This is unprecedented.
4. This unprecedented killing spree happens to coincide with the arrival of a new mayor. Fully half of this year’s murders have occurred since she was sworn in. Is it wrong to ask if she has a plan to put an end to these senseless killings? How many more Peorians have to die before she speaks out against the violence?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Relax, it was just a question. I don't know what naming a new Mayor has to do with the recent spur of murder though. It is a terrible problem that needs to be tackled and the sooner the better. It is a black eye for every single Peorian for sure. But the new Mayor didn't create the problem, she inherited it. It is NOW up to her to do something about it. That is a HUGE task, because like I said earlier, it has been a problem for awhile now. I hope and pray that she or ANYONE else can solve this dilemma that Peoria faces. Hopefully the new police chief can help end it.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

She seems perfectly relaxed to me. You asked a series of questions, and she answered them. What wasn't relaxed?