Reactions:
Mood:

Hey now.. I am a Millennial.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Pock wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:35 am Hey now.. I am a Millennial.
Hey Millennial, I'm a Baby boomer, nice ta meet ya, lol.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Pock wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:35 am Hey now.. I am a Millennial.
Don't you get tired of hearing how awful your generation is? I'm a GenXer and we heard the same bullshit. Slackers, lazy, stoners....it's always the next generation's fault things have gone to shit.

Most millennials in my life are thoughtful, engaged and concerned about the world they've been left.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

"I read somewhere that a lot of people make career decisions based on benefits. I wonder how many people would choose a job that they actually want to do if they weren't burdened by seeking medical insurance."

Except for the job I have now, most of the jobs I had with benefits are the ones I hated the most and stayed with the shortest time.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
JustRight
Reactions:

From the Congressional Budget Office:
“ In an average week in 2025, the $15 option would boost the wages of
17 million workers who would otherwise earn less than $15 per hour. Another 10 million workers otherwise earning slightly more than $15
per hour might see their wages rise as well. But 1.3 million other workers would become jobless, according to CBO’s median estimate.”
RPlant
Reactions:

JustRight wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:21 pm From the Congressional Budget Office:
“ In an average week in 2025, the $15 option would boost the wages of
17 million workers who would otherwise earn less than $15 per hour. Another 10 million workers otherwise earning slightly more than $15
per hour might see their wages rise as well. But 1.3 million other workers would become jobless, according to CBO’s median estimate.”
One might ask themselves if a job is really worth protecting if that employer can't afford to bump its pay to $15 / hour. Seriously how shitty is their business plan!?!

Is your argument that we have to hold down 93% of the working poor to benefit the 7% who are being exploited even worse. Talk about your dead-end jobs.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Ted Cruz went off on waitstaff today claiming they won't go to work because they make more on unemployment. Seriously Ted? Maybe they don't want to be put in harms way in the middle of a PANDEMIC!

I hope he doesn't plan on eating out again. Ever.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
RPlant
Reactions:

LovelyRita wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:46 pm Ted Cruz went off on waitstaff today claiming they won't go to work because they make more on unemployment. Seriously Ted? Maybe they don't want to be put in harms way in the middle of a PANDEMIC!

I hope he doesn't plan on eating out again. Ever.
Again, I would not have the soup at the same table with Ted. Just saying.

You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile