They want to know how much you care.
Tazewell
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:06 am You obviously do
Don't flatter yourself.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

I never have, and I don't intend to start now.
People don't care how much you know.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Tazewell wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:08 am , CJ has been handing your butt to you on a daily basis over there. Congrats!
Meh, CJ was doing that here as well. I may have to go join that "other" site just to follow CJ
Tazewell
Reactions:

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... buildings/
Peoria Public Schools are one step closer to renaming six of its school buildings.

Leaders with the district said it’s an effort to change buildings named after individuals with ties to racism and abuse.

The schools slated for renaming include Calvin Coolidge Middle School, Charles Lindbergh Middle School, Harrison Learning Center, Roosevelt Magnet School, Washington Gifted School, and Lincoln K-8.

Members of the district’s building and grounds committee said after hundreds of community submissions, 35 new names were suggested.

“Right now it’s just making sure that all of the names that we received met the criteria that we established in the very beginning of this process, and we have taken the time to eliminate anyone that did not follow the process,” Lynne Costic, member of District 150 Buildings & Grounds committee.

To be considered for renaming, Costic said the person must have lived in Peoria as an adult and made contributions to the community, PPS, or children.

Costic said suggestions will be discussed next with PPS administration and the school board, as well as the community during a town hall.

Judging by the Leftist WMBD coverage of this story, they seem to be for this.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Where in this article does it say that WMBD seems to be for this? Reading what you posted, they simply reported what happened at the meeting. There is no commentary from the reporter about if they agree or disagree with the name changes.
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:36 pm Where in this article does it say that WMBD seems to be for this? Reading what you posted, they simply reported what happened at the meeting. There is no commentary from the reporter about if they agree or disagree with the name changes.
I said it SEEMS the writer of the story is for it. My OPINION is based on the overall tone of the article sounding supportive of the actions of the board and the fact that there was no pushback on the list of "individuals with ties to racism and abuse".
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

If Tazewell thinks it "SEEMS" like something fits his narrative then by gosh we should all just believe him. It (seems) to me like Tazewell is full of himself and a bunch of B.S.
People don't care how much you know.
Tazewell
Reactions:

https://www.week.com/2022/03/15/school- ... c-schools/
Five Peoria Public Schools will be changing their names after Monday night’s board meeting.

The board unanimously approved the names to be changed to Peoria-based leaders who made an impact on the community. But, one school will go back to a former name, Reservoir, instead of being named after a person.

The name originally proposed for Washington Gifted School was Betty Friedan, but a board member said Friedan would have gone against the school’s LGBTQ curriculum.

After the revision, the schools names will be changed to the following:

Calvin Coolidge Middle School to Harold B. Dawson Middle School

Harrison Community Learning Center to Annie Jo Gordon Community Learning Center

Lindbergh Middle School to Liberty Leadership Middle School

Roosevelt Magnet School to The Elise Ford Allen Academy

Washington Gifted School to Reservoir Gifted Academy

Although, some are still not please with changing some of the names.

“I don’t have a problem about us naming C.T. Vivian or other people. I don’t have a problem with that I think we should recognize local people for that, but there are ways to do that. We’ve got schools that are named after streets and trees. You could change the name of that school and not make the impact that you’re doing,” said Dan Walter, former school board member.

The district says the timeline for implementing the changes is to be determined.