Fall School

CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Then go back to the job you had before teaching cooking classes at technical school.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

And folks here think local school district boards are sometimes crazy...

My daughter's school in Chatham met again last night, finally voted to go remote. But not until a board member suggested that teachers take a cut in pay because they're not "physically" teaching kids in a classroom setting.

My wife asked our daughter if the teachers, because of the lack of decision making by the board, were ready to burn the school down, lol. Daughter said the principal was so upset, he'd light the first match. Her school had everything set to go, schedules, class lists, and more for a hybrid system. And then the school board decided to change it up.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

a cut in pay? They should get a bonus for having to entirely rework their teaching plans now to reflect e-learning!
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:19 pm Then go back to the job you had before teaching cooking classes at technical school.
Why? I knew it was going to happen, it was my decision and I can live on what I'm making. Kinda sad we pay teachers so much less than we pay someone to cook so others can go out to eat, don't you think?
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Washington schools have moved to 100% e-learning until October 1.

https://www.pjstar.com/news/20200818/wa ... east-oct-1
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:46 pm Washington schools have moved to 100% e-learning until October 1.

https://www.pjstar.com/news/20200818/wa ... east-oct-1
Does that include the high school as well? Or is it just K - eight
LovelyRita
Reactions:

District 52 is K-8
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
RPlant
Reactions:

LovelyRita wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:24 pm District 52 is K-8
Wow, I'm just looking over this thread and can't help thinking you might have been correct. Any apologies for the whack jobs yet?
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

"My daughter's school in Chatham met again last night, finally voted to go remote."

Correction, The Board voted to have the hybrid system after all. They indicated a big interest in parents wanting their children back in school.

First day was pushed back to next Wednesday. But the caveat that has upset teachers even more: instead of teaching 5 classes, they have to do 6; and if you're a math teacher with secondary education in another subject, you get to teach that class too..no matter what experience you may have.

Also, (and this might lead to more cases) teachers are NOT required to wipe off desks with disinfectant wipes after every class..only at the end of the day!! My wife wonders why they just don't hand out wipes to the students to wipe desks before and after class? My daughter was given 1 box of wipes that look like a package of baby wipes, so she going to buy more, sneak them in to classroom. The school had made a rule that no outside cleaning materials were allowed, only school-provided.

And we think schools around here are crazy.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Reported on WMBD This morning: Bradley University is having move in this weekend. But no athletes, Greek organizations, or volunteers will be on hand to help with move in. 300 students and staff will be tested weekly to keep track of possible COVID cases. And no visitors to residence halls allowed. I wonder how well that will be followed.