Smoker help ?

kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:01 am
Bwiser wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:26 am I always apply my rub to the roasts, wrap it in saran wrap and refrigerate it over
night before smoking. Always turns out great.
I've been curious about trying different spices and rubs for meat to put on the Weber Charcoal grill.

Would I do the same as you if I wanted to rub some BBQ or other powder rub on cube steaks, chicken breasts or pork chops? We usually cook out roasts in a Crock-Pot.
If you have a dry BBQ seasoning rub such as The Spice House's Kansas City BBQ Rub it will work. I try to stay away from dried herbs because they have a tendency to burn.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
Whit
Reactions:
Mood:

kevwr1962 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:38 am Hopefully tomorrow night I'll have some successful pork belly/bacon pictures. I rubbed it with standard dry cure with a little molasses powder and ancho chili powder in it. Think I'm going to smoke it over an apple/pecan blend.
Did I read bacon? PERK
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

Ancho-Molasses bacon out of the smoker about an hour ago. Went with a peach/mesquite wood blend. Has a slight kick with some smoky sweetness to it. Took about 4 hours at 235 degrees. Now I want a cheeseburger or pancakes.

Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
Tazewell
Reactions:

kevwr1962 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:22 pm Ancho-Molasses bacon out of the smoker about an hour ago. Went with a peach/mesquite wood blend. Has a slight kick with some smoky sweetness to it. Took about 4 hours at 235 degrees. Now I want a cheeseburger or pancakes.

"Looks pretty burnt on my monitor."