Positive News thread

DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Another successful fundraising effort by the Center for Prevention of Abuse. They've been doing it for 35 years now.

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... ng-230000/
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Irish Fest finishes up weekend of fun, food, and Irish culture

https://www.25newsnow.com/2023/08/27/er ... re-peoria/

Good to see quite a few festivals happening on the riverfront, and no reports of incidents of crime.

One more next weekend, with the Peoria Blues and Heritage Festival Sept. 1 and Sept. 2. Blues fans are looking forward to this event. I like some Blues, but already have plans next weekend.
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:33 pm no reports of incidents of crime.
I wonder why that is? Oh yeah.
DennisinPeoria wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:33 pm Irish culture
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:44 pm
DennisinPeoria wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:33 pm no reports of incidents of crime.
I wonder why that is? Oh yeah.
DennisinPeoria wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:33 pm Irish culture
Once again, the Skimmer attacks!!
I also wrote, "Good to see quite a few festivals happening on the riverfront, and no reports of incidents of crime."

This includes the Park-a-Palooza June 10, Red, White and Boom July 4, Riverside Pridefest July 15, Fiesta En El Rio July 29, River City Soul Fest August 5 and 6, That's not counting the CEFCU stage Concerts and the Saturday morning Peoria Farmers Market.

Tell me if your usual Conservative biased news sources or social media said anything about violence at these events?

@WAPJoe, apologies for making this thread political
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:25 pm Once again, the Skimmer attacks!!
I also wrote, "Good to see quite a few festivals happening on the riverfront, and no reports of incidents of crime."

This includes the Park-a-Palooza June 10, Red, White and Boom July 4, Riverside Pridefest July 15, Fiesta En El Rio July 29, River City Soul Fest August 5 and 6, That's not counting the CEFCU stage Concerts and the Saturday morning Peoria Farmers Market.

Tell me if your usual Conservative biased news sources or social media said anything about violence at these events?

@WAPJoe, apologies for making this thread political
You mentioned Erin Feis. That's what I was responding to.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

My post was not necessarily aimed at just Irish Fest (Erin Feis).but all festivals. Guess I could have made it more clear to you, unlike your comment in another thread about "impeachment" in a thread that doesn't involve the President. Chew on that.
Last edited by DennisinPeoria on Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:05 pm My post was not necessarily aimed at just Irish Fest (Erin Feos), but all festivals. Guess I could have made it more clear to you, unlike your comment in another thread about "impeachment" in a thread that doesn't involve the President. Chew on that.
It's spelled Erin Feis, or more accurately, Erín Feís.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Fixed it. Didn't check it before posting, plus I use Smartphone 97% of time when posting here, and I swear keyboard is off by half a key.

I'm sure you have an elaborate system of a high powered PC with 2 to 3 monitors so you can monitor other sites as well as this one several hours a day. Or you use a separate tablet just for WAP. But I digress, don't bother to answer that.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:10 pm Fixed it. Didn't check it before posting, plus I use Smartphone 97% of time when posting here, and I swear keyboard is off by half a key.
I have that same problem on my iPhone 12.
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:10 pm I'm sure you have an elaborate system of a high powered PC with 2 to 3 monitors so you can monitor other sites as well as this one several hours a day. Or you use a separate tablet just for WAP. But I digress, don't bother to answer that.
Nope. I post some on a regular ol' PC with one monitor, some on a tablet, and some on my phone. Thanks for asking though, WAP Online Time Police.