WHAT CAN SHE DO?

CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:04 pm
CCubs wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:03 pm It is getting late for you, you better get some rest.
apology accepted CCubs
Does she let you stay up a little later on Saturdays?
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:26 pm Gangster rap glorifies and monetizes violence, murder, rape, misogyny, drug use, etc. Tazewell is right, it's a cultural issue that is not based on racial but rather gang culture. Given the restrictions that the 1st Amendment places on the government, how do we put an end to that?

There is also the dissolution of the traditional family, generational welfare, secularization of our society, and a myriad of leftist policies which serve to destroy society.

Fix all that and voila, no more problem!
1. And those are issues that have been discussed in the community for over 25 years, even when Maloof was Mayor.

It seemed like every 4-5 years, folks would organize a town hall or series of meetings about addressing the violence and some of these issues: employment, economic opportunity, police/community relations, investment in blighted areas. I know, because I'd shoot them, air them on CAPtions. Now, some issues would get addressed with organizations stepping up to help young folks, but other issues still are occurring, especially gun violence.

2. Another point: folks here do realize a new police chief is starting next week? How do you know the Mayor Ali hasn't already talked to him for fresh ideas on combatting violence? We already know he has visited various neighborhoods, community groups.

3. Ideas for change tend to come from the community thru city departments thru city manager thru city council debating answers and voting.

4. If the Mayor started issuing all kinds of Executive Order type actions, actions that could impede some of your freedoms, but helps decrease the violence, then you'd be calling her a dictator and how dare she take these actions.

Ok, I've said my piece.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Some of the posters here expected her to snap her fingers and fix the problem.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:19 pm Some of the posters here expected her to snap her fingers and fix the problem.
some of the posters here implied she would be able to because she was a democrat
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:08 pm
CCubs wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:19 pm Some of the posters here expected her to snap her fingers and fix the problem.
some of the posters here implied she would be able to because she was a democrat
As opposed to the righties because she is black? Keep trying loser! :lol:
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

RPlant wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:13 pm
Which makes sense. I think a black leader would have more credibility with the black community than some rich old white guy would. Do you disagree?
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:19 pm

Which makes sense. I think a black leader would have more credibility with the black community than some rich old white guy would. Do you disagree?
Yep. Wasn't Clinton our first black president?

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

RPlant wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:20 pm

I've heard that idiom but I'm not sure how it applies to the problems in Peoria.
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:22 pm
RPlant wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:20 pm
I've heard that idiom but I'm not sure how it applies to the problems in Peoria.
Umm, so you've heard it and know exactly what it means. Here we are right back to Rush Limbaugh again.

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

OK, this discussion is pointless with you in it. I'm done.