Peoria’s 7th homicide of 2021

Tazewell
Reactions:

Getting things back on track after ANOTHER CCubs derail. Any word from the mayor on this? I looked at the local news outlets and I see nothing.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Toldyouso wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:25 pm
CCubs wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:34 pm I would LOVE to sit on a committee to rid the political world of Trump. Do you know of a local one? I will gladly volunteer! Please do provide more information.

And I don't think the Cubs are looking for die-hard fans interference into what is shaping up to be a better than expected season so far.

Did TYS give you her blessings to jump into her conversations?
I asked you to provide a link to the information about the committee YOU say the mayor has formed. I’m eagerly awaiting your answer…
Show me where I said the mayor formed a committee.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Looks like @Tazewell needs to add +1 to @CCubs’s disinformation tracker.

Getting back on topic…
Mayor Ali was giving a speech at Dozer Park last night (ticketed event…$50 each) about her vision of Peoria’s future, about the same time that the coroner was scraping up the remains of 2021 homicide victims numbers 10 and 11.
Did anyone here attend Mayor Ali’s event? Did she mention anything about the recent homicides? I’m pretty sure 5 murders in 30 days is unprecedented in P-town. Does her “vision” of Peoria include ideas on how to stop these killings?
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Peoria has had all kinds of homicide over the years, some years more than others. I don't recall anyone here asking why Mayor Ardis never formed a commission or committee to address the homicides. Just saying.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Toldyouso
Reactions:

DennisinMH wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:49 am Peoria has had all kinds of homicide over the years, some years more than others. I don't recall anyone here asking why Mayor Ardis never formed a commission or committee to address the homicides. Just saying.
Crime in Peoria has long been a concern. Remember “Don’t Shoot”? It wasn’t very successful, but it at least addressed the elephant in the room.
This time last year, Peoria had recorded 5 homicides for the year. This year, Peoria is already at more than double that, with 5 of those homicides happening over the last 30 days. Do you (and Mayor Ali) think that by ignoring these facts, they’ll go away?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

I very highly doubt that she is "ignoring" the problem. No one wants the crime and violence that Peoria is experiencing. But you can't just sit back and complain about it and blame the new mayor that has been on the job for a month. It has been a terrible problem for quite awhile now. I am very serious when I say if anyone has answers or solutions to step forward with them. I am a lifelong Peorian who would love to see Peoria bounce back and be the proud city that it once was and can be again. I do know that ridicule and blaming is not the answer.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
Tazewell
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:46 am I very highly doubt that she is "ignoring" the problem.
It seems that is the case so far.
CCubs wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:46 am But you can't just sit back and complain about it and blame the new mayor that has been on the job for a month.
Actually, as you are always so quick to point out, this is a free country and an open forum, so actually we CAN just sit back and complain. Furthermore, before becoming mayor she was on the council for what, 4 years? It's not like she just fell off the turnip truck and became mayor. You need a new argument.
CCubs wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:46 am It has been a terrible problem for quite awhile now. I am very serious when I say if anyone has answers or solutions to step forward with them.
What are your ideas as a lifelong Peoria resident?
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Has Mayor Ali publicly even acknowledged this recent killing spree?
I don’t blame her for the murders, but they are happening on her watch. Crime is Peoria’s 1# problem. Rita Ali is mayor now. She has the power to address this problem in ways that the rest of us don’t. Pretending that it doesn’t exist is an insult to all Peorians. The families of the two twenty-something African-American brothers who were shot to death on Wednesday deserve better.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

This Peoria group is addressing the issue, just as they have with every homicide.

https://www.wcbu.org/local-news/2021-06 ... t-violence

Its fortunate that many homicides have been solved, sometimes within a week.

One mayor is not going to be able to stop a homicide, let alone a cop. (BTW, Ali was elected just 2 years ago to an at large seat)

The environment of folks being angry, and using guns to solve disputes (in some cases turf wars), is one that has been going on for decades. I remember doing CAPtions show on gun violence and homicides in the early 90's.

Knowing how she is, it's very possible that Mayor Ali is consulting with others to find ideas that address this. The double homicide just happened a couple days ago.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Tazewell
Reactions:

LOL. Let's have another "peace walk" or a soup dinner. That should solve the problem. :roll:
Last edited by Tazewell on Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.