Mount Rushmore

cjsummers
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:

LovelyRita wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:08 am As we see, people are refusing to take the pandemic seriously because he's not taking it seriously.
Where can I find the scientific study that supports that conclusion?
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:08 am Idc if he does but the president's inability to follow CDC guidelines sets a bad example. As we see, people are refusing to take the pandemic seriously because he's not taking it seriously.
Who cares what the President does? Do you get up in the morning and decide how to live your life by what some idiot in Washington does? Actually, I'd also bet the vast majority of Americans do not even pay any attention to the Federal Government or Donald Trump. The only people who pay attention to that guy are those who love him and those who hate him and both are in the minority.

Americans need to use common sense, take standard precautions, guard the vulnerable, ignore Washington, get on with your lives, and get the vaccine when it is available. That is the solution.
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Also, @LovelyRita did we know each other on PDC? I posted under Pock for almost a decade and then Unknown2k.. What was your previous name on PDC?
LovelyRita
Reactions:

No. We've never met.

The president gutted the CDC and left us vulnerable. I understand your position... And yeah, what he does or doesn't do in a daily basis has no impact on me. However, his lack of leadership does impact me and the people I love directly.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
Tazewell
Reactions:

LovelyRita wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:08 amThe president gutted the CDC
He did? I saw there were cuts or proposed cuts, but gutted? Do you have a link?

Also, I asked you a few questions in the "fall school" thread. Do you have a chance to address them?
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:08 am No. We've never met.

The president gutted the CDC and left us vulnerable. I understand your position... And yeah, what he does or doesn't do in a daily basis has no impact on me. However, his lack of leadership does impact me and the people I love directly.
Funding for the CDC has increased year after year. I do not think the CDC has been gutted. Can you provide any sources on this? What people fail to understand is Trump doesn't have the power he thinks he has, or perhaps, you think he has. Congress funds the CDC. Trump may want to cut it, but Congress has increased it year after year.
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

again, Congress controls the purse and it hasn't cut CDC spending. It is the constitutional responsibility for Congress to pass budgets. The executive makes "recommendations" but I do not believe Consitutuional calls for "recommendations". You have gotten all mixed up in the RNC vs DNC blood war. The CDC's budget has not been cut.

The possibility that the CDC will suffer any sort of significant budget reduction is exceedingly unlikely.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

I understand that you don't agree with me either. That's fine. Regardless, the pandemic is real. Masks help prevent the spread of the virus that causes Covid-19. Covid-19 ISN'T like the flu and it's not going away on its own.

Those aren't partisan talking points they are just facts. Spreading false information about the virus is dangerous.

I'm not cowering I fear or hoarding toilet paper. It's like watching a train approaching a bridge that's out. I'm not on the train or the bridge but I can still see that mess ya'll are headed for.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:57 am I understand that you don't agree with me either. That's fine. Regardless, the pandemic is real. Masks help prevent the spread of the virus that causes Covid-19. Covid-19 ISN'T like the flu and it's not going away on its own.

Those aren't partisan talking points they are just facts. Spreading false information about the virus is dangerous.

I'm not cowering I fear or hoarding toilet paper. It's like watching a train approaching a bridge that's out. I'm not on the train or the bridge but I can still see that mess ya'll are headed for.
The facts don't agree with you. I am simply stating them. The CDC budget hasn't been reduced, cut, or gutted. That is fake news. Spreading false information is dangerous.

As for the masks. I agree. I wear a mask when I go to the store. COVID-19 isn't the flu and what Donald J Trump does has zero impact on me. I do not partake in tribalism but I take any virus, seriously. I do not want to catch any of them.