Fall School

kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

peoriafootballfan wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:57 am My relatives in Troy IL tell me that since the kids are not doing lunch in a cafeteria, all kids stay in 1 room, the teachers switch class rooms.
I understand from a friend of mine this is what Quincy is doing.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Metamora finally got with the program...

Metamora grade school board votes to go remote for at least 9 nine weeks

https://hoiabc.com/2020/08/14/metamora- ... ine-weeks/
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Update on my daughter's high school where she teaches: they are having a special school board meeting Sunday night to perhaps determine an alternative to the hybrid system. Guess what, the teachers are to report to school on Monday. This meeting could be in response to Springfield school district going all virtual, and nearby Rochester's school board meeting tonight deciding to do the thing.

Daughter sent pic of cleaning supplies she received for her room. One small bottle of hand sanitizer (bigger than the individual ones) and one package of disinfectant wipes. Seriously?
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

"Daughter sent pic of cleaning supplies she received for her room. One small bottle of hand sanitizer (bigger than the individual ones) and one package of disinfectant wipes. Seriously?" - DennisinMH

And if they gave them a case of each, how long do you think they would last? I have a feeling some would grow legs and magically disappear.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
LovelyRita
Reactions:

kevwr1962 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:59 am "Daughter sent pic of cleaning supplies she received for her room. One small bottle of hand sanitizer (bigger than the individual ones) and one package of disinfectant wipes. Seriously?" - DennisinMH

And if they gave them a case of each, how long do you think they would last? I have a feeling some would grow legs and magically disappear.
What are you implying here? That staff will steal wipes and sanitizer?
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Four Morton students test positive for COVID-19, 40 in isolation

https://week.com/2020/08/14/4-morton-st ... isolation/
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:51 am

What are you implying here? That staff will steal wipes and sanitizer?
Staff or students. Of course not all of them, but there is always that element.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

That's ridiculous. If you don't trust teachers with cleaning supplies it's surprising you'd let them alone with children. The lack of respect for professional educators is appalling.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:55 am That's ridiculous. If you don't trust teachers with cleaning supplies it's surprising you'd let them alone with children. The lack of respect for professional educators is appalling.
I didn't really have one until I met you. But people are people. Some priests are pedophiles. Some cops are assholes. Some doctors are quacks, Some educators have sticky fingers. Some politicians are honest. We're all human.
RPlant
Reactions:

DennisinMH wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:08 pm Update on my daughter's high school where she teaches: they are having a special school board meeting Sunday night to perhaps determine an alternative to the hybrid system. Guess what, the teachers are to report to school on Monday. This meeting could be in response to Springfield school district going all virtual, and nearby Rochester's school board meeting tonight deciding to do the thing.

Daughter sent pic of cleaning supplies she received for her room. One small bottle of hand sanitizer (bigger than the individual ones) and one package of disinfectant wipes. Seriously?
I remember for our child during grade school that each student used to have bring in box of Kleenex and a tube of Clorox wipes at the start of school that the teacher would pool on their desk for the classroom. Seemed to work out in normal times. Curious what the student supply checklist looks like this fall?
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile