Peoria’s 7th homicide of 2021

DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Sad situation,another dispute, fight, whatever. We'll :roll: never know the reason or motive until the trial in about a year.

The 5 homicides includes the rural one out on Plank Road that was a fatal hit and run. I'm not sure why that one is being included as a Peoria City homicide.
Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:32 am The 5 homicides includes the rural one out on Plank Road that was a fatal hit and run. I'm not sure why that one is being included as a Peoria City homicide.
You're right. The local media keeps lumping that one in with the others for some reason. I edited my post to correct the number of homicides to 4 for the year.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:39 am
DennisinPeoria wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:32 am The 5 homicides includes the rural one out on Plank Road that was a fatal hit and run. I'm not sure why that one is being included as a Peoria City homicide.
You're right. The local media keeps lumping that one in with the others for some reason. I edited my post to correct the number of homicides to 4 for the year.
A thumbs up on that one, since my emojis don't always work.
Tazewell
Reactions:

https://www.week.com/2022/03/09/heavy-p ... le-avenue/
The Peoria Police Department confirms one person has died after a shooting Tuesday night.

Police Information Officer Semone Roth says police responded to the 100 block of West Beverly Court near Knoxville Avenue on an eight-round Shot Spotter alert just after 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.

When police arrived, they found a male victim lying in the road with a gunshot wound.

Lifesaving measures were started, but the victim died at the scene.

No details about the victim have been released, including his age.

No arrests have been made, and there is no suspect information at this time. This case remains under investigation.

This is the city of Peoria’s fifth homicide of the year.