Fall School

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Perhaps Redfield fears hearing those famous two words: YOU'RE FIRED!
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
LovelyRita
Reactions:

7,572 school-age children diagnosed with COVID-19 in Tennessee, new data shows

"NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — More than 7,500 Tennessee school-age children have been diagnosed with COVID-19, with six Middle Tennessee counties in the top 10, newly released state data shows."

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newsc ... UzMwBje014
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:35 am 7,572 school-age children diagnosed with COVID-19 in Tennessee, new data shows

"NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — More than 7,500 Tennessee school-age children have been diagnosed with COVID-19, with six Middle Tennessee counties in the top 10, newly released state data shows."

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newsc ... UzMwBje014
But they didn't get it AT school. Maybe the stricter regulations at school would have prevented them from getting it. Maybe they got it by hanging out in large group without masks or practicing social distancing.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Monkeys might fly out of my butt, too.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Don't you think sending 7,500 kids back to school is a greater risk of spreading COVID19 than staying out and social distancing, wearing masks, and washing hands?
I can't believe that is even a question at this time. If we had listened to the experts back in March, we would be in much better shape to open things back up.
I personally put my health and well being in front of anything else. Without your health, you have nothing.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:50 pm Don't you think sending 7,500 kids back to school is a greater risk of spreading COVID19 than staying out and social distancing, wearing masks, and washing hands?
I can't believe that is even a question at this time. If we had listened to the experts back in March, we would be in much better shape to open things back up.
I personally put my health and well being in front of anything else. Without your health, you have nothing.
No, I don't. But I also know that children have not been social distancing, wearing masks and washing hands. I see them in the neighborhood, all ages, hanging out like a normal summer.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

They haven't been in a classroom with 20 other people for 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. They haven't been in bathrooms with 10 other students for 15 minutes 2x times a day for 5 days a week, or eaten in cafeterias with 120 other kids for 40 minutes. 5 days a week. They haven't been on school buses with 45 other students for 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week.

You don't have school age kids so I can understand. Your lack of empathy. But parents are truly correct to be concerned.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:27 pm They haven't been in a classroom with 20 other people for 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. They haven't been in bathrooms with 10 other students for 15 minutes 2x times a day for 5 days a week, or eaten in cafeterias with 120 other kids for 40 minutes. 5 days a week. They haven't been on school buses with 45 other students for 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week.

You don't have school age kids so I can understand. Your lack of empathy. But parents are truly correct to be concerned.
your post assumes a lot of things that happen in a normal school year. Very very few schools are proposing a normal school year. Compare apples to apples if you want to be taken seriously
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:39 pm Monkeys might fly out of my butt, too.
There is something no person needs to see.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

the monkeys specifically, or...........