Peoria’s 7th homicide of 2021

Toldyouso
Reactions:

PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — The teens arrested following a shooting at the Shell gas station on MacArthur Highway earlier this month have been indicted.

Demarian D. Palmer, 17, has been indicted for first degree murder, attempted armed robbery, and aggravated discharge of a firearm.

Arenza Brown, 18, was indicted for first degree murder, attempted armed robbery and aggravated unlawful use of a weapon.

The two have been charged in the shooting death of Joshua Perkins.

UPDATE: Teens charged with first-degree murder, victim identified in Sunday night gas station shooting
Palmer and Brown’s bail has been set at $1.5 million each.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Another homicide last night in Peoria.

PEORIA, Ill. (WEEK) -- Peoria Police are investigating the city's ninth homicide of the year.

Peoria Police Spokeswoman Amy Dotson says a call of multiple shots fired came in from the Hedgehill Apartment Complex, which is located in the 3600 block of West Hedgehill Lane, around 11:15 PM Wednesday night on Peoria's northwest side.

Dotson adds a caller also said there was a possible victim inside a vehicle in the complex's parking lot.

That car was found, but it was abandoned. A male victim was found with gunshot wounds nearby on the ground. Despite life saving measures, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

PEORIA (WEEK) - Two men are dead in what Peoria Police said was a double homicide in the central part of the city.

Police were called just before 6:10 p.m. to the 2300 block of North Idaho at the corner of Arrowhead Lane for a report of two men bleeding inside a parked vehicle.

The Peoria County Coroner's Office pronounced the men dead at the scene. Authorities are not releasing details about the cause of death until after the autopsy.

No information was available late Wednesday about any suspects.

Police are asking people with information about the homicides, or anyone with camera footage that might be important to the investigation to contact Detective Corey Miller with the Criminal Investigations Division at 309-494-8397.

The CrimeStoppers organization is accepting anonymous tips at 309-673-9000.

This is Peoria's 10th and 11th homicides of 2021.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

When will BLM be protesting these killings?
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Has Mayor Ali addressed the City’s violence problem yet? While I don’t blame her for the five murders that have occurred since her swearing in, I do think the optics are bad. What’s her plan for at least slowing the homicide rate? Fewer police and more social workers? More police? Or, will she just increase the budget for body bags?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Have you offered to sit on a committee for this matter. You seem to know an awful lot about this subject, I'm sure the City of Peoria could use your expertise.
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
Tazewell
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:42 pm Have you offered to sit on a committee for this matter. You seem to know an awful lot about this subject, I'm sure the City of Peoria could use your expertise.
What is your point? Have you offered to sit on a committee to indict Trump? You seem to have a lot of opinions on that subject. Maybe a 1/6/21 committee? Or a committee to investigate Trump's early response to COVID? Or a committee to figure out how the Cubs can win another World Series?
Toldyouso
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:42 pm Have you offered to sit on a committee for this matter. You seem to know an awful lot about this subject, I'm sure the City of Peoria could use your expertise.
Has Mayor Ali formed a committee to address these awful murders? I wasn’t aware she had. Would you please provide a link to this information? Thanks!
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

I would LOVE to sit on a committee to rid the political world of Trump. Do you know of a local one? I will gladly volunteer! Please do provide more information.

And I don't think the Cubs are looking for die-hard fans interference into what is shaping up to be a better than expected season so far.

Did TYS give you her blessings to jump into her conversations?
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

CCubs wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:34 pm I would LOVE to sit on a committee to rid the political world of Trump. Do you know of a local one? I will gladly volunteer! Please do provide more information.

And I don't think the Cubs are looking for die-hard fans interference into what is shaping up to be a better than expected season so far.

Did TYS give you her blessings to jump into her conversations?
I asked you to provide a link to the information about the committee YOU say the mayor has formed. I’m eagerly awaiting your answer…