Mount Rushmore

AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: ↑Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:03 pm I thought it was pretty shitty of the president to lie about the virus... Again. He claimed 99% of people who are infected with coronavirus don't have problems (I'm paraphrasing) is a flat out lie.
what's the real number? the survival rate is around 99.5%
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

it's ridiculous to think any human can do anything about a virus spreading. Trump is the top of the Federal government. The only effective tool humanity has is vaccines. Lets lay-off the tribalism and focus our country on producing a vaccine.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

The President has a lot of ownership in this. I blame him for what you call tribalism. Why won't he wear a fucking mask?
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

I'd like to see an unbiased news story link that says Biden spends all his time in a basement. I'm thinking it's a talking point started by Trump, and now parroted by RW.

Then again, perhaps Biden is being more cautious about appearances, deciding to reach out to voters via video messages, as well as finalizing his VP pick.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: ↑Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:39 am The President has a lot of ownership in this. I blame him for what you call tribalism. Why won't he wear a fucking mask?
Because he doesn't want to. Isn't that obvious? Trump, you, and everyone else who participates in the DNC vs RNC blood war are responsible for tribalism.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

I often vote independent... This issue was made partisan and political by the current administration. I agree with you that politics has ruined our chances of handling this pandemic effectively.

How do we get back to the actual science of this public health crisis? Hospitalizations are up and several counties in TX are already maxed out. Florida has more sick people than NY back in March!

What will it take? Do people need to see OSF out of beds before they believe science?
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: ↑Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:53 am I often vote independent... This issue was made partisan and political by the current administration. I agree with you that politics has ruined our chances of handling this pandemic effectively.

How do we get back to the actual science of this public health crisis? Hospitalizations are up and several counties in TX are already maxed out. Florida has more sick people than NY back in March!

What will it take? Do people need to see OSF out of beds before they believe science?
Our biology is the issue. The science is clear. I'm reminded of a quote from Aristotle .. β€œMan is by nature a social animal; an individual who is unsocial naturally and not accidentally is either beneath our notice or more than human. Society is something that precedes the individual.” Man cannot live alone.

Social distancing is as foreign to humans as support for Trump and his Administration are to you. Denying the science and nature of Homo sapiens is your issue. You can't change it. No law or government in the course of human history has. Focus on the vaccine.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Are we unable to do more than one thing at a time? I think a vaccine will be wonderful. Since it won't be available for several months (at least), shouldn't we minimize risk?
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

LovelyRita wrote: ↑Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:00 am Are we unable to do more than one thing at a time? I think a vaccine will be wonderful. Since it won't be available for several months (at least), shouldn't we minimize risk?
We haven't minimized risk? You have an issue with Trump wearing a mask, yet, him not wearing a mask doesn't increase my risk at all.. I don't know if you have access to the President or not, but If I was a gambling man, I'd bet that him not wearing a mask doesn't increase your risk at all, yet, you worry about him wearing a mask.

Worry a little less about what Trump does and more about what you do.
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Idc if he does but the president's inability to follow CDC guidelines sets a bad example. As we see, people are refusing to take the pandemic seriously because he's not taking it seriously.