Peoria’s 7th homicide of 2021

Tazewell
Reactions:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:03 pm Slow to speak, huh? Doesn't sound like anyone here on WAP, as they jump to speculation right away, no matter the topic or either political spectrum.
Maybe from the Lefties on here. I don't see much of that from our side. Surely it would be easy to find examples if that was the case?
Toldyouso
Reactions:

Regardless of who was (or wasn’t) available at 1:00 a.m. to read the police report, the fact remains that Peoria has now tied its record for the number of homicides in one year…with another 75 days to go. The killings have occurred on a nearly weekly basis since I started this thread over 5 months ago. All of the 19 victims since then have been African-American. Another week, another dead young Black man. At this rate, the Black population of Peoria will be reduced by another 10 by year’s end. What can be done to stop that from happening?
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Toldyouso wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:21 pm Regardless of who was (or wasn’t) available at 1:00 a.m. to read the police report, the fact remains that Peoria has now tied its record for the number of homicides in one year…with another 75 days to go. The killings have occurred on a nearly weekly basis since I started this thread over 5 months ago. All of the 19 victims since then have been African-American. Another week, another dead young Black man. At this rate, the Black population of Peoria will be reduced by another 10 by year’s end. What can be done to stop that from happening?
Question right back at you? "What can be done to stop that from happening?"
Seeing that you are so compassionate and consumed by this topic, what are your thoughts and suggestions to end this matter?
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:38 pm
Toldyouso wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:21 pm Regardless of who was (or wasn’t) available at 1:00 a.m. to read the police report, the fact remains that Peoria has now tied its record for the number of homicides in one year…with another 75 days to go. The killings have occurred on a nearly weekly basis since I started this thread over 5 months ago. All of the 19 victims since then have been African-American. Another week, another dead young Black man. At this rate, the Black population of Peoria will be reduced by another 10 by year’s end. What can be done to stop that from happening?
Question right back at you? "What can be done to stop that from happening?"
Seeing that you are so compassionate and consumed by this topic, what are your thoughts and suggestions to end this matter?
It sounds as if you're saying you are not compassionate to this topic. Your candor is surprising.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

It only sounds that way to you,......again.
This question wasn't directed to you,.....again
You are just trying to stir up trouble,.......again
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:34 pm It only sounds that way to you,......again.
Did it sound like that to anyone else? @Toldyouso @Tazewell @Whit How about you guys?
As you have often pointed out, it's an open forum.
Quite the contrary, I'm just trying to further the conversation and compliment you on your candor. It's refreshing.
Tazewell
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:10 pm
CCubs wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:34 pm It only sounds that way to you,......again.
Did it sound like that to anyone else? @Toldyouso @Tazewell @Whit How about you guys?
As you have often pointed out, it's an open forum.
Quite the contrary, I'm just trying to further the conversation and compliment you on your candor. It's refreshing.
Most of his posts are nonsensical. I am trying to ignore him.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

It gets hard to ignore LOGIC though, doesn't it?
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

I can't answer that, I don't have any solutions myself, but I also haven't seen any solutions from others here either.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:08 pm The PPD FB page listed it as a homicide at 1:00AM Saturday morning. Now I'm not associated with the "media" but that would seem to me a pretty good clue.
Which PPD Facebook page was that? I only saw the initial one, at 12:10 am, which indicates the coroner had yet to issue an official cause of death. This is the link to the official Peoria Police Department FB page. The post after that is from October 15th. Sorry, I don't see a PPD FB post at 1 am. Maybe PPD has more than one page.

https://www.facebook.com/peoriapd

Edit: they had homicide listed at top of the incident report, even though the posting says that the coroner had not yet declared it a homicide. Oh well. Let's hope the suspect is apprehended fast, as many have been this year.