Mass shooting in Chicago

CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Are you talking politics in the General Chat section?
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
DennisinPeoria
Reactions:

1 person shot and killed in Chicago is 1 too many.

1 person shot and killed in Peoria is 1 too many.

1 person shot and killed in Vandalia is 1 too many. (For example)

1 person shot and killed in Sparta is 1 too many.

What is causing all this gun violence all over? We only hear that the homicide happened. We mostly hear that the suspect has been identified and/or arrested. What we never hear until the court trial 18-24 months later, is WHY it happened. Police are not under obligation to divulge that data, because of ongoing investigation.

Any Mayor of any city is not going to be able to stop crime with a snap of their fingers. They can only put in place, or support what's already out there, programs that will reduce homicides and gun violence in the future. I don't see Chicago's Mayor walking around the Chicago's Southside with a megaphone shouting out to "STOP SHOOTING" any more than Peoria's Mayor doing the same in Peoria's East Bluff or South End.

City leaders can do only so much. Schools can only so much. The police can't do much if the community keeps saying, "I didn't see anything", when you know they did.

It's up to the community to decide "Enough is Enough". It's time for parents of youth, those parents who know their youth is going down the wrong path, to decide "Enough is Enough".
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinPeoria wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:42 pm It's time for parents of youth, those parents who know their youth is going down the wrong path, to decide "Enough is Enough".
I agree with you 100%, unfortunately as we have witnessed several times recently, right here in Peoria, the kids begin fighting and the parents join in. Once at the mall, once at a local HS. Good luck getting these "parents' on board. they are part of the problem.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

@DennisinPeoria and @AV8R
I agree with both of you. But the sad fact is that these gun homicides have risen sharply since the beginning of this year in Chicago, in Peoria, and in most major cities throughout the U.S. The vast majority of the victims in all these places are African-American, usually at the hands of gang members.
What has changed in recent months to cause this increase? And what can be done to reverse it?
Tazewell
Reactions:

There does seem to be a correlation between Black, female, Leftist mayors and increasing violent crime rates. Chicago, Atlanta, DC, San Fransisco, and Peoria. I am not saying correlation equals causation, but it is an interesting fact.
Last edited by Tazewell on Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

you had me at Leftist
Tazewell
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:42 pm There does seem to be a correlation between Black, female, Leftist mayors and increasing violent crime rates. Chicago, Atlanta, DC, San Fransisco, and Peoria. I am not saying correlation equals causation, but it is an interesting fact.
Add Charlotte, Baton Rouge and New Orleans to that list.
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:04 pm
Tazewell wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:42 pm There does seem to be a correlation between Black, female, Leftist mayors and increasing violent crime rates. Chicago, Atlanta, DC, San Fransisco, and Peoria. I am not saying correlation equals causation, but it is an interesting fact.
Add Charlotte, Baton Rouge and New Orleans to that list.
Really, I think there's another correlation, at least in Charlotte. Just saying.

You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:07 pm Really, I think there's another correlation, at least in Charlotte. Just saying.

That's Charlottesville, VA, not Charlotte, NC.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Tazewell wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:31 pm

That's Charlottesville, VA, not Charlotte, NC.
So wait. Another knee jerk response went awry? :lol: :lol: :lol: