Man arrested for retail theft

CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

That doesn't mean I appreciate it. I don't think there is any comparison between the two. Did anyone question every statement you made during that time?
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:15 pm That doesn't mean I appreciate it. I don't think there is any comparison between the two. Did anyone question every statement you made during that time?
they accused us of being racists if we disagreed with any of his policies. And whether you are capable of appreciating it or not, we felt the same about Obama that you do about Trump. I despised him as a President, and still despise him as a loudmouth hypocritical agitator now. I never wish death on him though. Ever. Not saying you've wished death on Trump, I don't know if you have or not. To my knowledge you have not. Many have though. And I'm sure many wished it on Obama as well.

anyway, we've wandered off topic so I'll give you the last word if you want it. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Who is "us" ?
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:13 pm No, it's just getting old. I think everyone accepts it and sort of expects it in the political forum, but it seems we can't have a conversation about any topic in any forum without you or Plant chiming in with some nonsensical pivot to Trump. I fear for your mental well being when he wins another term.
Whoa, what? I'm trying not to pivot, but it's getting real hard.

You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Steve-O
Reactions:

Wasn't it a county cop who beat his daughter up and threatened some kids with his gun? Maybe they need a new HR person to hire better cops.
RPlant
Reactions:

Steve-O wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:08 am Wasn't it a county cop who beat his daughter up and threatened some kids with his gun? Maybe they need a new HR person to hire better cops.
I thought that was an ISP officer in rural Peoria County.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

"He is a despicable human being that is putting our whole country in a dangerous position."

As is every governor and mayor who allow looting, arson, destruction of property, assault, battery, trespassing, and a host of other crimes in the name of "protest". Other people see this in other parts of the country and soon think it is permissible and encouraged.. If Trump happens to win a second term, I already fear the lawlessness that will follow in the weeks following.

Now, back the subject of this post. Just because he is a deputy, his arrest receives more attention than someone who is a auto mechanic, nurse, lawyer, CPA, musician, or florist? Granted his job is to uphold the law but why does that make his arrest more public? If a bartender over serves someone and they cause a wreck, is it splashed all over the front page? House burns down due to an electrical fire do we say "Well, It must be Bob Smith's fault as he wired the house and it burned down"?
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

kevwr1962 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:05 pm
Now, back the subject of this post. Just because he is a deputy, his arrest receives more attention than someone who is a auto mechanic, nurse, lawyer, CPA, musician, or florist? Granted his job is to uphold the law but why does that make his arrest more public? If a bartender over serves someone and they cause a wreck, is it splashed all over the front page? House burns down due to an electrical fire do we say "Well, It must be Bob Smith's fault as he wired the house and it burned down"?
Because he occupies a position of public trust. Because he has the power to take away your freedom on nothing more than his word. Because he can swear an affidavit before a judge and be believed based on his position. Florists, bartenders, electricians, they can’t do that.
CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

There are NO Mayors or Governors who actually ALLOW arson, assault, destruction of property, or looting. That is just an insane statement. They might handle it different, but no one allows it. For those of you that think you have all of the answers, try running for a political position sometime. I can tell you it isn't as easy as you think. It is easy to sit back and say " what they should do is......."
I can tell you this much from first hand experience, lying and deception is NOT the way to do it.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

To be honest, I don't envy anyone currently in a police training academy wanting to "serve and protect". I think the job is that much tougher with the advent of cell phone cameras. (Sometimes wish the video part had never been invented, but body cams are needed)
For some reason, folks had learned the notion that all cops are bad (they're not), so resisting them for any reason is ok. (I can blame a lot of Gangsta raps for this) I'm hoping more emphasis on cultural understanding is being taught. But at the same time, organizations like BLM, Black Panthers, and NAACP (Peoria's been doing this already) need to emphasize the "Comply then Complain" tactic when dealing with cops.

I don't doubt any police officer having his hand on his holster to be ready, even if stopping someone for speeding. But when folks get stopped, I believe the officers run a license check just in case.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?