It is no Accident...

leslie110
Reactions:

Shame on me for forgetting...feel free to ignore my post’s because after this I will not respond to your posts.
bgbird68
Reactions:

Comparing a "war on police officers" to slavery.

Wow.
JustRight
Reactions:

bgbird68 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:11 am Comparing a "war on police officers" to slavery.

Wow.
We weren’t discussing slavery. We were discussing an awful event in which hundreds were brutally killed, that happened in Tulsa, OK nearly 100 years ago. The war on police officers has claimed thousands of more lives, is nation-wide, and is on-going.
JustRight
Reactions:

leslie110 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:02 am Shame on me for forgetting...feel free to ignore my post’s because after this I will not respond to your posts.
Did you read “The Fine Print” for this forum?
Line one: “ Disclaimer: This is the internet. You will be offended.”
bgbird68
Reactions:

My apologies.
JustRight
Reactions:

bgbird68 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:37 amMy apologies.
Accepted.
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

JustRight wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:36 am
leslie110 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:02 am Shame on me for forgetting...feel free to ignore my post’s because after this I will not respond to your posts.
Did you read “The Fine Print” for this forum?
Line one: “ Disclaimer: This is the internet. You will be offended.”
You forgot the rest of it..

The keyboard warriors will be here in en masse. This is to be expected. Use the "Friend or Foe" tools to limited your exposure to these people.

:)
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

My youngest son lives in Richmond, VA and he posted to me a couple of days ago that this past week they started tearing down all of the monuments, of which they had many, that were related to the Civil War, including those associated with Robert E Lee, etc.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

born2race2win1954! wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:31 am My youngest son lives in Richmond, VA and he posted to me a couple of days ago that this past week they started tearing down all of the monuments, of which they had many, that were related to the Civil War, including those associated with Robert E Lee, etc.
I'm not sure how I feel about this... How is this different than Al queda destroying historic monuments in Iraq. I'm certain Al queda could justify it by some historical injury, but at what point do you preserve history? This isn't a defense of southern or Confederate symbolisms just as honest question.

The Greeks and Romans enslaved everyone and were absolutely brutal and yet our society is full of Greek and Roman symbolism.
JustRight
Reactions:

Pock said:
“The Greeks and Romans enslaved everyone and were absolutely brutal and yet our society is full of Greek and Roman symbolism.”
Excellent point.
Additionally, I think we have to consider that these statues (ALL of them) don’t just represent historical figures, but are art, as well. It’s a very slippery slope once we start removing or destroying art that some find offensive. To put a local spin on it: what if someone insisted Preston Jackson’s statue of Richard Pryor be removed from Peoria’s Warehouse District?