Vaccine hesitancy highest in poor neighborhoods

Tazewell
Reactions:

Gandalf wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:49 am
Tazewell wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:37 pm Maybe @RPlant and @Gandalf need to give some rides to the clinic on the South Side.
Why don't you.....
I'm not the one complaining about people not getting vaccinated. I think people should do whatever they want when it comes to the vaccine.
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:04 am
Tazewell wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:37 pm Maybe @RPlant and @Gandalf need to give some rides to the clinic on the South Side.
Why don't you.....
I'm not the one complaining about people not getting vaccinated. I think people should do whatever they want when it comes to the vaccine.
Come on man, everyone knows healthcare is a privilege in the United States.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:02 pm Come on man, everyone knows healthcare is a privilege in the United States.
Healthcare is a privilege no matter where you are. There is no intrinsic human right to healthcare.
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:11 pm
RPlant wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:02 pm Come on man, everyone knows healthcare is a privilege in the United States.
Healthcare is a privilege no matter where you are. There is no intrinsic human right to healthcare.
Tell that to our forefathers in Europe.

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:13 pm Tell that to our forefathers in Europe.
My forefathers were American. Maybe yours were European which would explain a lot.
Last edited by Tazewell on Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Toldyouso
Reactions:

RPlant wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:02 pm

Why don't you.....
Come on man, everyone knows healthcare is a privilege in the United States.
The three vaccines for Covid have been available for more than 6 months. Here in the Peoria area, the vaccines (and testing) are free, and available at locations most convenient to the poorest communities. The local Health Departments have done everything they can to make getting the vaccine as easy for poor people to get as possible. Some organizations are now bribing people with cash to get the vaccine. How can you claim that this aspect of healthcare is a privilege?
Gandalf
Reactions:

Why don't you.....
WTF. I don't recall complaining about people not getting vaccinated. Gee Internet Super Sleuth maybe you could look sh!t up before posting.
@Tazewell @AV8R Stop beating a dead horse. WAPJoe
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:21 pm
RPlant wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:13 pm Tell that to our forefathers in Europe.
My forefathers were American. Maybe yours were European which would explain a lot.
So you are American Indian? Given your views shared on this site, I find it hard to believe you are not of European decent.

forefather: a member of the past generations of one's family or people; an ancestor.

#Resistance_is_futile
Tazewell
Reactions:

Gandalf wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:05 am WTF. I don't recall complaining about people not getting vaccinated. Gee Internet Super Sleuth maybe you could look sh!t up before posting.
Your husband is constantly complaining about it. I have a feeling you 100% share his views.
RPlant wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:55 am So you are American Indian? Given your views shared on this site, I find it hard to believe you are not of European decent.

forefather: a member of the past generations of one's family or people; an ancestor.
Every branch of my family tree has been here for 6-8 generations, so yes, my forefathers are American. I am very blessed with the fact that all branches came from central and north central Europe at least a decade after slavery was abolished, but well before the lead up to WWI and WWII, so I have no shame at all in my ancestry. All of them settled well north of the Mason-Dixon Line. I think Europe has been and always will be a disaster, thus I don't associate myself with that region.
RPlant
Reactions:

Tazewell wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:52 pm
RPlant wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:55 am So you are American Indian? Given your views shared on this site, I find it hard to believe you are not of European decent.

Every branch of my family tree has been here for 6-8 generations, so yes, my forefathers are American. I am very blessed with the fact that all branches came from central and north central Europe at least a decade after slavery was abolished, but well before the lead up to WWI and WWII, so I have no shame at all in my ancestry. All of them settled well north of the Mason-Dixon Line. I think Europe has been and always will be a disaster, thus I don't associate myself with that region.
Hate to break this to you, but most of this current "America" is/was a rogue British colony. Being the only western culture left in the world without socialized medicine, my point stands regardless of how you'd like to duck away from that fact.

#Resistance_is_futile