Peoria’s 7th homicide of 2021

CCubs
Reactions:
Mood:

Not even arguing dude. I just think calling them "little shits" is too mild. Everything doesn't have to turn in to an argument..........chill!
People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care.
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

CCubs wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:35 pm Not even arguing dude. I just think calling them "little shits" is too mild. Everything doesn't have to turn in to an argument..........chill!
Meh, Semantics I guess. I dealt with these types of shits and much worse for decades. They are still human beings. Evil to be sure, but humans nonetheless. Look up Barry Mills, Ed Hevley, Tyler Bingham and Chris Gibson. I transported these guys daily for 6 weeks during their trial in California, got to know them just a little in a vehicle with them 2 hours every day. They were pleasant enough chaps and all had a great sense of humor. But like lions at the zoo, I was smart enough to know not to climb into the cage with them. They were all heartless killers who needed to spend their natural lives locked away from society. I’m certain they could have shoved a shiv into my neck and not lost a moments sleep over it. I’d say calling these guys “little shits” would be too mild. The punks in Peoria? Not so much.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Call them thugs, delinquents, criminals, terrorists, gangbangers,.whatever. If and when the Justice system finds them guilty, life in prison isn't enough for killing someone over what was probably a petty dispute.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
Toldyouso
Reactions:

The 18-year-old (if convicted) may get a tough sentence.
The 17-year-old will likely be a catch and release. Nothing will be done until he kills again, after his 18th birthday.
Will the new mayor do anything to change this policy?
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Toldyouso wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:28 am The 18-year-old (if convicted) may get a tough sentence.
The 17-year-old will likely be a catch and release. Nothing will be done until he kills again, after his 18th birthday.
Not sure how much the mayor has to do with juvenile sentencing...
Toldyouso
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:07 am
Toldyouso wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:28 am The 18-year-old (if convicted) may get a tough sentence.
Not sure how much the mayor has to do with juvenile sentencing...
You’re right; the mayor has nothing to do with sentencing. Poor wording on my part.
I am hoping she has some new ideas to reduce the number of teenage criminals in Peoria.
Gandalf
Reactions:

Did the old mayor do anything?
@Tazewell @AV8R Stop beating a dead horse. WAPJoe
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

WHATABOUTISM
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

" Just hoping that she has a plan to end the violence,"

It will cost you $50 to hear that speech at Dozer Park.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Some community members, including 1st District Councilwoman Denise Jackson, have approached the Shell Station and the Plaza owner about closing the station at 11 pm, and putting up chains and barricades.

IMO, it's not their fault this violence.occurred. Why restrict a business from operating, providing jobs because a dispute broke out involving guns. This incident could have happened anywhere...and they have.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?