Illegal Fireworks

kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

What are your thoughts on people shooting off fireworks?
Personally, I don't care too much, but I know it scares the crap out of people animals and people with PTSD suffer from them randomly going off. What does bother is me is when you hear these giant BOOMS going off at 1 am. This isn't necessary. It is being a bad neighbor. Want to do that, go find a 500 acre farm in BFE Montana. I think 10pm is late enough, maybe a little later on July 3 & 4.
I keep saying those of us who do not appreciate these late night bombing raids should pitch in and buy this: https://www.firetruckmall.com/Available ... perpage=25 and go put the end to disturbing the peace.
Last edited by kevwr1962 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

I do not care much either way. I can sleep through anything. It seems everyone took their stimulus payment and bought fireworks.
JustRight
Reactions:

I think the cancellations of professional fireworks shows is making the situation worse. Lots of people who have no respect for how dangerous they can be will be shooting them off. The emergency rooms will be full of idiots who haven blown off appendages.
Having said that, Macy’s in NYC has come up with a creative solution to go on with the show in the age of social distancing:
“Macy’s is set to kick off six nights of fireworks shows across New York City Monday night, with brief pyrotechnic launches scheduled for different neighborhoods each night. The location of each show will remain hidden until soon before the start in an effort to limit crowd size amid the coronavirus outbreak, Macy’s said in a statement.“
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

JustRight wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:43 am I think the cancellations of professional fireworks shows is making the situation worse. Lots of people who have no respect for how dangerous they can be will be shooting them off. The emergency rooms will be full of idiots who haven blown off appendages.
Having said that, Macy’s in NYC has come up with a creative solution to go on with the show in the age of social distancing:
“Macy’s is set to kick off six nights of fireworks shows across New York City Monday night, with brief pyrotechnic launches scheduled for different neighborhoods each night. The location of each show will remain hidden until soon before the start in an effort to limit crowd size amid the coronavirus outbreak, Macy’s said in a statement.“
Agreed.
born2race2win1954!
Reactions:
Mood:

My husband’s sister and her husband have a pool and live on several acres out in the Bartonville area. We are going there for the 4th of July, and, to celebrate our great nephews’ birthdays. So, we’ll shoot off fireworks there and have a good time. They always invite their neighbors.
You only live once, so, live it with gusto!
Joepyeweed
Reactions:
Mood:

I love shooting off fireworks. But we have always done in out in the country.

I find it disturbing when people shoot them off in the middle of town. That seems dangerous to me.
Pock
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Joepyeweed wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 pm I love shooting off fireworks. But we have always done in out in the country.

I find it disturbing when people shoot them off in the middle of town. That seems dangerous to me.
I guess it would depend on how much property you have in town.