RIP Eddie Van Halen

AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Eddie Van Halen lost his decade long battle with throat cancer today at age 65. Van Halen was huge when I was a teenager, loved listening to their music as my friends and I cruised around town. Rest in Peace Eddie.

kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

Knew he was in an on again, off again battle with throat cancer but apparently the last 48 hours he took a serious turn for the worse. Wasn't a huge fan when they broke into the scene because Gary Richrath (who incidentally died at age 65) and Brian May were my two guitar idols at the time. He did record an album with Brian May and the guitar battle between them is mindboggling: Eddie's speed vs. Brian's technical savvy. Guess SRV and Jimi are going to have to make room on the stage.
Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
RPlant
Reactions:

The bootleg title of Zep's LA Forum show from 6-21-77 was dedicated to him.

You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
kevwr1962
Reactions:
Mood:

Eddie Van Halen and Brian May playing the blues.

Why do I feel some sort of ridiculous retort will occur in 3.........2........1...........
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Van Halen also one of my all time favorite groups. Always was blown away by his solo guitar work on Eruption on their debut album. Another favorite song with great guitar licks is "Fire Down Below", when Gary Cherone had a 1 album stint as lead singer. It seemed that Eddie just got better as time went on with his guitar prowess. I have several of their albums, will be loading VH Best of Vol. 1 to my flash drive.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
RPlant
Reactions:

I guess it is folklore, but I always thought "I'll Wait" was inspired by his affection for Valerie Bertinelli ?

You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile