House Guest

RambleOn
Reactions:

I have a "house guest", sort of. Really needs to find a new home! There is a small part of a brick missing at the base of a brick column on my porch. This little guy/gal decided to move in.
Above all, be kind!
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Try to get him trapped and relocated. They are really beneficial animals. They do not carry rabies and they eat somewhere in the neighborhood of 5,000 ticks per season. They basically walk around attracting ticks and then eating them while grooming.
RambleOn
Reactions:

The photo was taken last evening. Still in there this morning. Don't know if he/she comes out at night to feast on bugs.
Above all, be kind!
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

they are nocturnal animals
smajew1096
Reactions:

My Ginny brought one to the door one night. She wanted to bring it in.. :shock: . I finally got it away from her. I got a shovel thinking it was dead. My Ginny is a big Rottie and not gentle with her catches, Anyway, As I tried to scoop it, it got up and walked away. It was fine. Haven't seen it since LOL.
RambleOn
Reactions:

I think my "guest" moved on. Guess he/she got tired of my Rat Terrier, me shining a small mag light into the hole and a couple of pokes with a stick. Not there yesterday or this morning. I kind of miss the presence.
Above all, be kind!
RambleOn
Reactions:

Matilda, the Rat Terrier, let me know that our visitor is back. She was staring at the area of the missing brick. I got the little mag light and sure enough, there he/she was. All curled up and apparently sound asleep.
Above all, be kind!