Fall School

DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

AV8R wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:06 am i heard 26 grade school age kids in McLean county tested positive and they haven't even started school yet. The virus must live outside schools as well?
Are you sure it's not Illinois Wesleyan University students? WMBD has reported positive cases there. I hadn't heard about the elementary students.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

DennisinMH wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:07 am
AV8R wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:06 am i heard 26 grade school age kids in McLean county tested positive and they haven't even started school yet. The virus must live outside schools as well?
Are you sure it's not Illinois Wesleyan University students? WMBD has reported positive cases there. I hadn't heard about the elementary students.
The article broke down around 54 cases in McLean by decades of age, 26 of them were in the "10's" so I call them grade school age. School hasn't started to my knowledge so these are just kids living in McLean County.
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

Well, another flip flop on Ball-Chatham where my daughter teaches. This seemingly indecisive school board met again this past Saturday, voted to allow the high school to be totally remote, but the grade school (which received the most parental complaints about remote) will be a hybrid system. First day of classes for high school will be Friday, with teachers doing remote teaching from their classroom.
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
RPlant
Reactions:

Trump's pressure to reopen and threatening to withhold Federal funds doesn't a help a single ounce with a school board trying to make a rational decision at the moment.

I honestly don't know how much Federal money the locals in our area get (Illinois seemed to be skewed towards property tax), but its been long since time for Donnie to STFU!

You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

In the meantime, schools in Metamora, Dunlap, and Germantown Hills reporting issues of COVID cases or exposure, as reported on WMBD This Morning.
Oscar Leroy
Reactions:

Metamora has made the switch to on-line learning.
RPlant
Reactions:

Oscar Leroy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:02 pm Metamora has made the switch to on-line learning.
So it might be easier to list which schools are still trying to attend in person rather than e-learning. I can't imagine some of the rural areas, many still do not have cable, DSL or other high-speed internet options.

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

Metamora has temporarily transitioned to e-learning while they adjust the student schedule to accommodate in person learning while following social distancing guidelines put in place by Illinois and the CDC. The problem they encountered was too many students for the confines of their structure, they could not follow social distancing guidelines, which in turn created a problem with contact tracing and quarantining students who may or may not be sick. Either way, those students are now out of school for 2 weeks. The new plan once implemented will put half the schools student body in the building every other day. Social distancing can be maintained and contact tracing should be much easier and lead to substantially less otherwise healthy people being quarantined. The school is committed to in person learning per a letter sent out by the superintendent.
RPlant
Reactions:

AV8R wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:14 am Metamora has temporarily transitioned to e-learning while they adjust the student schedule to accommodate in person learning while following social distancing guidelines put in place by Illinois and the CDC. The problem they encountered was too many students for the confines of their structure, they could not follow social distancing guidelines, which in turn created a problem with contact tracing and quarantining students who may or may not be sick. Either way, those students are now out of school for 2 weeks. The new plan once implemented will put half the schools student body in the building every other day. Social distancing can be maintained and contact tracing should be much easier and lead to substantially less otherwise healthy people being quarantined. The school is committed to in person learning per a letter sent out by the superintendent.
Great, so why didn't they recognize this beforehand?

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

RPlant wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:28 pm
AV8R wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:14 am Metamora has temporarily transitioned to e-learning while they adjust the student schedule to accommodate in person learning while following social distancing guidelines put in place by Illinois and the CDC. The problem they encountered was too many students for the confines of their structure, they could not follow social distancing guidelines, which in turn created a problem with contact tracing and quarantining students who may or may not be sick. Either way, those students are now out of school for 2 weeks. The new plan once implemented will put half the schools student body in the building every other day. Social distancing can be maintained and contact tracing should be much easier and lead to substantially less otherwise healthy people being quarantined. The school is committed to in person learning per a letter sent out by the superintendent.
Great, so why didn't they recognize this beforehand?
good question. I don't have the answer.