State cops gone wild

LovelyRita
Reactions:

🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
RPlant
Reactions:

This is very disturbing, especially seeing it from an ISP Trooper in uniform. I hope it was reported.
You mean its not the flu!?!

#Resistance_is_futile
LovelyRita
Reactions:

Me too. I hope the young lady is safe. As I said, domestic violence among law enforcement is rampant.
🌊🌊🌊BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

https://www.isp.state.il.us/services/co ... edures.cfm

I would start in District 7, East Moline.
RPlant
Reactions:

Somebody did:

Illinois State Police officer under investigation after video of tense exchange with teenagers circulates social media
https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/ne ... ial-media/

The Illinois State Police is aware of the incident depicted in the video. The ISP oath requires officers to maintain unimpeachable integrity, to be just, fair, and impartial and to protect the rights, property and lives of our citizens. The ISP Division of Internal Investigation has begun an investigation. The trooper in question has been removed from patrol duties and placed on administrative duty pending further investigation. We will always strive to earn a good reputation and maintain mutual respect with the community. All individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.

#Resistance_is_futile
RPlant
Reactions:

LovelyRita wrote: ↑Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:28 pm
Would this be the "real Dunlap Thug Life"?

#Resistance_is_futile
DennisinMH
Well Known (WAP+)
Well Known (WAP+)
Reactions:
Mood:

This morning on WMBD, another perspective was reported. Apparently the cop stopped the car because of a 14-year old girl was with friends....his daughter. So he was acting out like a dad (not a cop) which is understandable.

Although I think he went overboard as a cop, a question needs to be asked: who lets their 14-year old daughter out at 2 am to be with friends? Especially with curfew laws?
F**k these insane trackers, this place is not a healthy debate of issues anymore, just a bunch of folks trying to outdo one another. Where is the cancel account button?
RPlant
Reactions:

DennisinMH wrote: ↑Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:09 am This morning on WMBD, another perspective was reported. Apparently the cop stopped the car because of a 14-year old girl was with friends....his daughter. So he was acting out like a dad (not a cop) which is understandable.

Although I think he went overboard as a cop, a question needs to be asked: who lets their 14-year old daughter out at 2 am to be with friends? Especially with curfew laws?
I'd ask if he was still on or off shift? He's an Illinois State Trooper, not Mayberry PD. The video is pretty damning, seeing him with his gun un-holstered and chasing down the kids' car (Cop or Dad). There's likely more to the story with regard to her behavior, but I find it hard to believe that his actions would be completely justifiable. The video sure comes across more like vigilante justice rather than by the book law enforcement.

#Resistance_is_futile
AV8R
Old PDC Guard
Old PDC Guard
Reactions:
Mood:

The unholstered gun sticks in my craw as well. If there was a valid reason for clearing leather, then he should have conducted a felony stop, not run up to the vehicle solo. It looked like he had his police unit's spotlight on the car, but I didn't see a flashlight in his hand...maybe it was and just not clear on the video but it sure didn't appear he had any supplemental light. If I had a reason to draw my gun at night, you bet your ass I'm gonna light up the inside of that car with everything I have when I do approach it, and that's only after I've gotten everyone out one at a time from a position of safety and advantage and gotten them secured. Preferably after backup has arrived. At least that's what my experience and training would dictate.